Thursday, October 1, 2015

October Goals

Anyone else feel like September just started yesterday? Between Labor Day, my trip to Baltimore and DC, and just general work/life craziness, I feel like this month was over and done in the blink of an eye. 

Still, there were some pretty good highlights this month. I had a successful work trip to Baltimore at the beginning of the month to attend the Blogalicious Conference on behalf of a client. I don't talk about work too much on here, but I am lucky to have a job that I really and truly love. If you're new, I work for a PR agency as a digital manager, meaning I manage the social media channels and strategy for some really amazing brands. I also get to work with bloggers on behalf of clients, which is a lot of fun. It's the perfect blend of my work passions and my real life passions, which is what keeps me going even when it can be stressful at times :)


Followed up my Baltimore trip with a quick stop in DC for a visit with one of my best friends/college roommates. Even though we barely had 24 hours together, we drank wine, ate tacos, went to a concert, went to brunch, got pedicures, and shopped around. Basically all of my favorite things to do, so I'd say we made it count.


I bought some awesome new flats. Yes, this is deserving of its own update because they are comfortable right out of the box and they make me feel like Cruella DeVille in the best way possible. (They're these, if you're curious. I may or may not have bought them in both colors.)


I ran five miles for the first time in over a year. More importantly, I didn't die while doing so (I saved that for afterwards).


I was selected as a ClassPass Ambassador! As someone who both is a blogger and works with bloggers for a living, I would never work with a brand I didn't 1000% believe in. You all know by know that I'm a believer in ClassPass and I'm ecstatic to be able to be working with them as an official ambassador to share updates, invite friends to class for free (Chicago readers, hit me up if you're interested), and even host exclusive events in Chicago!



So after that whirlwind, I suppose I should check in on the goals I set for myself last month, hmm? Here are the September Goals in review:
  1. Blog twice weekly. I'm 99% positive I did this. Some of the posts were briefer than I would've liked, but consistency was the focus of September.
  2. Drink a gallon of water a day. I'm going to say I nailed this 75% of the time. Pretty good! As I've said before, I can tell a noticeable difference when I'm well-hydrated, in my workouts and in (mostly) keeping mindless eating at bay. Now, to keep this up into October.
  3. Try 5 new ClassPass classes. 4/5 on this one. I went to Beachfit Bootcamp during my Baltimore trip, and then Body R+D (reformer pilates), PiYo, and Run/Glide45 all here in Chicago. 
  4. Work up to a 5-mile long run. #NailedIt. And faster than I thought, too!
  5. Hit my stop goal 5 days a week. I hit my step goal (12,000 steps a day) 21 out of 30 days in September. Not quiiiite my goal, but pretty darn close.
So what's next in October? Well, a shift in focus (just a little bit). I feel like keeping up with workouts, work, etc. sometimes means other things that should be priorities (mental health, keeping up with other adult responsibilities like apartment and things) get pushed aside. So, with that in mind, here are my goals for October:
  1. Hang my dang gallery wall. Guys. I am ashamed to admit I've been collecting gallery wall pieces for a whole YEAR. At this point I've accumulated at least 8 pieces. Guess how many of those pieces I've hung up? That's right. Zero. I finally (finally!) bought frames for everything, so I need to just dedicate a weekend afternoon to hanging them.
  2. Clean out my closet. While we're on the topic of apartment-related confessions, I realized recently that I have clothes hanging in my closet that haven't been worn since COLLEGE. Meaning, I have moved clothing items two times in four years, only to NOT wear them. That is valuable closet real estate that must be reclaimed.
  3. Work up to an 8-mile long run. So that's terrifying, but if I'm going to run a 15K (9.3 miles) for the Hot Chocolate race in early November, I have to make training a priority. 
  4. Try 3 new ClassPass classes. I've got my eye on two different kickboxing classes, and another attempt at a Pilates reformer class that I've heard is a good one. 
  5. Practice gratitude. I don't think I'm an ungrateful person, but I know that I'm not as mindful of daily gratitude as I could be. I've read a lot lately about how being more mindful of things you are grateful is an important exercise in self-reflection that's good for the mind for a number of reasons. I'm going to keep a list going in my phone and pick at least one thing I'm grateful for each day. Some of this may be shared here, some may be personal, but I'm going to do it. 

Your turn. What goals are you striving for this October?

No comments:

Post a Comment