Tuesday, September 8, 2015

September Goals

It's been a crazy few weeks around these parts, as you've probably noticed based on the lack of blogging. The craziness isn't over yet, because after the long Labor Day weekend I'm only in the office Tuesday before heading to Baltimore for the Blogalicious Conference (for work!) Wednesday. I'll be there until Saturday, and then I'm doing a quick trip to DC to see my friend/college roommate, before heading back to Chicago Sunday night. Whew!

In the meantime, my August goals recap is long overdue. Here it is:
  1. Try 5 new ClassPass classes. CHECK! I went to Shred415, Kettlebell Boot Camp, Tabata Boot Camp, Iron & Oar and Hardcore. Then I've actually been to 2 new classes in September so far (PiYo and Run/Glide45), so I'm on a roll!
  2. Drink a gallon of water a day. I probably hit this goal 70% of the time. 
  3. Try 3 new recipes. 2/3 check. I tried shrimp scampi zoodles and turkey sausage bolognese spoodles (sweet potato noodles), but need to get a little more adventurous :)
  4. Track every single thing. With the loss of my phone, no check. I tracked probably 90% of the month minus the lost phone time.
  5. Hit my step goal 5 days a week. My camping trip actually killed my Fitbit early in August, so I lost sight of this goal really early on. Once I got my replacement Fitbit though, I'm back at it and aiming for 12K a day.
I owe longer recap and have many many workout recaps I would like to write... like one comparing SoulCycle and FlyWheel (this one is coming for sure). I have so many post ideas floating around in my head, but with visitors three of the last four weekends, I have been struggling to find the time and energy to blog. I do want to get better about this, though! Hence, September goals:
  1. Blog twice weekly. Hold me to it!
  2. Drink a gallon of water a day. I do feel so much better when I'm extremely well-hydrated, especially given how often I'm working out (and how humid Chicago has been lately!). 
  3. Try 5 new ClassPass classes. Originally I was only going to shoot for 3 new ones this month, but I've already crossed 2 new ones off the list. Go big or go home. Plus, I'm hoping to take advantage of new classes using my ClassPass Flex in Baltimore.
  4. Work up to a 5-mile long run. Did I mention I'm going to start running again? I'm going to start running again! This deserves a post in it's own right, but I went on my first 5K run in oh... probably a year over the weekend. Spoiler alert: ClassPass has actually helped me stay in much better running shape than I had expected. 
  5. Hit my stop goal 5 days a week. Yep, let's try this one again.
More to come, but I'll leave you with one of my latest favorite quotes:


What goals are you working for this September?

2 comments:

  1. Earn free satoshis at Easy Bitcoin. Up to 33 satoshis every 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claim faucet satoshis at Moon Bitcoin. 29 satoshis every 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete