Friday, September 11, 2015

Life Lately

TGIF, amiright? Except I'm currently on a work trip which means I'll be working most of the day tomorrow. But then I'm headed to DC for a very quick visit with my college roommate, so I'm looking forward to that after my work duties are complete! 

Since I'm short on time and long overdue on providing more substantive life updates, here are some snippits of what's been going on lately. 

Currently...
  • Devouring The Devil in the White City. I've read it before and love this book because it's packed with some really fascinating Chicago history surrounding the World's Fair. It's crazy to me that such an absurd amount of effort was invested in transforming the city for the fair, even though almost none of the infrastructure is still around today. Also, if I've never mentioned it before, I'm also fascinated by serial killer stories (is that weird?), and SUPER pumped that Leo will be playing H.H. Holmes in the movie adaptation. Cannot wait for that one. (PS - add me on GoodReads to see more of what I'm reading!)

  • Loving Whitney Thore's response to Nicole Barbour's appalling "Dear Fat People" video. If you haven't watched Nicole's video, don't. It's disgusting and appalling that she finds it acceptable to say absolutely wretched things about an entire group of people. Bullying is a very real problem, but no one's response was better than Whitney's from My Big Fat Fabulous Life:
  • Testing myself by not giving into my usual work trip YOLO-eating for every meal. Yes staying on plan when you're tired/in a new city/on a weird schedule/busy/at the mercy of unfamiliar dining options/lacking willpower is tough. But I'm on a mission to prove (even if only to myself) that it's doable. Expect more on this soon.
  • Participating in a 100 squats a day challenge. Yowch.
  • Preparing for a very very very(!!!!) exciting announcement, coming soon! Hint hint: it's about one of my most favorite ways to stay active. Stay tuned for more news very soon :)
What are you up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment