I had my favorite kind of weekend that was equal parts lazy, active, social, and anti-social. I kicked off Saturday with my first class at Shred415 which was a butt-kicking way to start the weekend. Recap coming later this week! Followed that with a trip to get my new obsession food: a bagel with chive cream cheese and smoked salmon. Then I obviously had to go to Old Navy because I was in the neighborhood and workout clothes were 30% off. Their clothes are my favorite and you can't beat $45 for two tops and a fun pair of patterned crops.
From there I spent the rest of Saturday cleaning and lounging at home, leaving only for a Chipotle and froyo run because it had been far too long since I had either.
Sunday started bright and early meeting up with my friend Sara for a long bike ride. We planned to ride to the South Loop for brunch (about 8 miles) and back. It was a HOT one, so it's safe to say we earned our breakfast burritos.
We made it back home just in time to beat the rain, and then I had a pretty lazy afternoon before breaking open my new spiralizer!
I've been wanting to pull the trigger forever, so I'm glad I finally did! I whipped up lunches for the week then settled in for all my Sunday night shows. I hit 18,000 and 16,000 steps over the weekend, so lounge time was much deserved :)
It's been awhile since I've set out monthly goals, but I'm feeling like I'm on a huge motivational upswing, which I plan on riding out through the month. Without further ado, August's goals:
- Try 5 new ClassPass classes. Truth be told, I felt like I was in a little bit of a rut two weeks ago. I was going through the motions and still working out 5-6x a week, but I could tell from my daily step counts and my general lethargy that my head just wasn’t in the game. I've gotten into a pretty set routine of doing certain classes on certain days (and don’t get me wrong, I love all those classes), but I also think maybe I was just getting a little bit bored. So, I’m aiming to mix it up more this month and give at least 5 new classes a try. Already hit up Shred415 on Saturday. One down, four to go!
- Drink a gallon of water a day. When I'm well-hydrated I definitely feel my best (case in point: I only drank about 40oz of water before my flight home last Thursday and I was bloat city by the time we landed). I'm aiming to up my normal 80-100oz even further and shooting for a gallon a day.
- Try 3 new recipes. Because I gotta break in this fancy spiralizer, duh.
- Track every single thing. With and upcoming camping trip and guests visiting Chicago the next two weekends, this will be no simple feat. But, just because I fail to track it doesn't mean it doesn't count. So tracking it is.
- Hit my step goal 5 days a week. I recently bumped my daily step goal from 10,000 steps to 12,000. The bonus of living in a city is that you walk a lot. The downside of living in a city is that you walk a lot even when it's hot/windy/rainy/snowing/winter/summer/football season. But 10,000 had become less of a challenge, so the new goal is to hit 12,000 steps at least 5 days a week.
What are your goals this month? Any classes I should check out -- I'm open to suggestions (even just class types!)