Sunday, August 2, 2015

August Goals

Holy cannoli, how is it already August? It feels like this year (and especially this summer) has gone by at breakneck speed. 

I had my favorite kind of weekend that was equal parts lazy, active, social, and anti-social. I kicked off Saturday with my first class at Shred415 which was a butt-kicking way to start the weekend. Recap coming later this week! Followed that with a trip to get my new obsession food: a bagel with chive cream cheese and smoked salmon. Then I obviously had to go to Old Navy because I was in the neighborhood and workout clothes were 30% off. Their clothes are my favorite and you can't beat $45 for two tops and a fun pair of patterned crops. 



From there I spent the rest of Saturday cleaning and lounging at home, leaving only for a Chipotle and froyo run because it had been far too long since I had either.

Sunday started bright and early meeting up with my friend Sara for a long bike ride. We planned to ride to the South Loop for brunch (about 8 miles) and back. It was a HOT one, so it's safe to say we earned our breakfast burritos. 



We made it back home just in time to beat the rain, and then I had a pretty lazy afternoon before breaking open my new spiralizer! 



I've been wanting to pull the trigger forever, so I'm glad I finally did! I whipped up lunches for the week then settled in for all my Sunday night shows. I hit 18,000 and 16,000 steps over the weekend, so lounge time was much deserved :)

It's been awhile since I've set out monthly goals, but I'm feeling like I'm on a huge motivational upswing, which I plan on riding out through the month. Without further ado, August's goals:


  1. Try 5 new ClassPass classes. Truth be told, I felt like I was in a little bit of a rut two weeks ago. I was going through the motions and still working out 5-6x a week, but I could tell from my daily step counts and my general lethargy that my head just wasn’t in the game. I've gotten into a pretty set routine of doing certain classes on certain days (and don’t get me wrong, I love all those classes), but I also think maybe I was just getting a little bit bored. So, I’m aiming to mix it up more this month and give at least 5 new classes a try. Already hit up Shred415 on Saturday. One down, four to go!
  2. Drink a gallon of water a day. When I'm well-hydrated I definitely feel my best (case in point: I only drank about 40oz of water before my flight home last Thursday and I was bloat city by the time we landed). I'm aiming to up my normal 80-100oz even further and shooting for a gallon a day.
  3. Try 3 new recipes. Because I gotta break in this fancy spiralizer, duh.
  4. Track every single thing. With and upcoming camping trip and guests visiting Chicago the next two weekends, this will be no simple feat. But, just because I fail to track it doesn't mean it doesn't count. So tracking it is. 
  5. Hit my step goal 5 days a week. I recently bumped my daily step goal from 10,000 steps to 12,000. The bonus of living in a city is that you walk a lot. The downside of living in a city is that you walk a lot even when it's hot/windy/rainy/snowing/winter/summer/football season. But 10,000 had become less of a challenge, so the new goal is to hit 12,000 steps at least 5 days a week.
What are your goals this month? Any classes I should check out -- I'm open to suggestions (even just class types!)


No comments:

Post a Comment