Thursday, July 16, 2015

Re-Commitment

Weigh-in Wednesday!

Last Week's Weight: 170.6
Current Weight: 171.6
Change: +1.0
Total Loss: -56.4


It has come to my attention that this blog has been sorely neglected for too long (Hi Maureen!). I know, I know -- we're all busy. Excuses! Also I ate like an idiot for a week around July 4th so I needed to have a serious come-to-Jesus talk with myself, pony up, and refocus. And here I am. 

Weight-wise, I've been hovering in about a 3lb window for awhile, it feels like. The low 170's are a maintainable weight for me (and by maintainable I mean I'm still eating well 80% of the time, indulging 20% of the time, and able to stay in that window). An old friend/former coworker (who has also lost a lot of weight) and I were talking last night about maintainable weights. I mentioned that 150lbs has always been my goal weight since starting this journey, but the closest I've gotten was about 161, which I maintained for maybe 2 weeks during the peak of half marathon training last spring. 

Ultimately, I want my goal weight to be one I am happy at AND can maintain without feeling like I'm sacrificing my quality of life (eating-wise or workout-wise). I feel like I'm covering those things right now, but I would like to lose further unnecessary blub (talking to you, stomach), so I'm still on the weight loss train, and evaluating as I go.

Otherwise, life has been business as usual, but the weekends have been pretty packed. It's easier for me to dedicate time to the blog on the weekends than during the weeks, because I'm usually leaving my apartment at 5-something AM and then I don't get home until 6-7ish (later, if I have plans). So the back-to-back of Milwaukee, Denver and July 4th in Chicago kicked my butt a little bit. But I have so many things I want to talk about here! Namely, what I've been up to workout-wise, a really awesome nutrition/wellness company that came and presented at our office, and, of course, getting back to the weekly weigh-ins.

So this is me holding myself to be more accountable to this blog, which in turn keeps me more accountable to myself.

Cheers to re-commitment!

How was your (day late) weigh-in Wednesday? 

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the "maintainable" weight. I've been holding steady between 167-168 for more than a few months now. I'm up about 10 pounds from the 158 that I hit last summer. (GOODNESS, WE ARE TWINS!) and I'm working through the same thought process. I want to get this last 15 pounds off and maintain THAT, so it's time to put some work in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you posted again! I've been missing your blog. You look great already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are!! I've been summoning all of the motivational quotes I have saved in my phone to keep me on track when it's the middle of the afternoon and all I want to do at work is binge-eat granola bars. Maybe we can devise a challenge and weekly check-in of some sort?

    ReplyDelete