In the meantime, here's a brain dump:
- This is my new favorite t-shirt. It's from Target (regular sizes sold out, but plus size still available online). Some girl stopped me on the street and asked if I had run into anyone wearing a shirt that said "I woke up like this." Sadly, that run-in hasn't happened yet, but I'll keep you posted.
- If you ever want to make the most revolting looking but delicious tasting smoothie, blend up spinach, frozen blueberries, vanilla protein powder, half a frozen banana and almond extract. It basically looks like charcoal and water in a blender but it tastes like a blueberry muffin (we can pretend). But for real the almond extract makes it.
- If the reason you don't do Crossfit is because you don't want to callus up your dainty Disney princess hands, rowing is probably not a good substitute. Yes, I learned this the hard way. No, I don't actually have dainty Disney princess hands.
- I finally (finally!) bought a spiralizer and when Inspiralized liked and commented on my IG photo, I might have had a fangirl moment. Now please send me all of your favorite spiralizer recipes because I plan on zoodling everything possible. (PS I bought this one on Amazon and can provide a better review once it arrives this week).
- Did you know that you can use ClassPass in other cities (for free?!)? Just change your "home" city to the city you're travelling to and the scheduling app will automatically update to the new location. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try this out in Denver, but I signed up for a spinning class in NYC tomorrow morning literally across the street from my hotel. Score.
- The Goldfinch doesn't get good until you're about 300 pages in (which is not even halfway). Talk about a labor of love.
- I recently signed up for RocksBox. If you're a jewelry junky like me, you'll definitely love this. RocksBox is like the lovechild of Rent the Runway and Ipsy. A stylist hand-selects three pieces of jewelry for you, you wear them as much as you want (and can purchase them at a discounted rate, if you want), then you review them and return them. Based on your review, the stylist assembles you a new array of jewelry, rinse, repeat. I'm on my second box and so far I love it because the stylist really listened to my feedback (got all silver accessories the first time and asked for more gold, which I received in the second box), and the shipping is super fast and all included in the monthly fee. Want a free month membership? Use CAROLYNBFF95 to sign up! (PS RocksBox gave me a free 3-month membership, but I wrote this review because I wanted to, not because they paid me to).
- Without many weddings or trips lined up this year, I'm relishing my opportunity to take random Fridays off. Last Friday I still woke up early and went to my favorite Brawl kickboxing class, went for a walk (one of my favorite views, above), called my mom, did laundry, did a quick work call, and got a haircut all by 3:30pm. BOOM.
- This is how I spent 95% of my Sunday and for that I have no shame.
Alright, what's going on in your life?
PS - I really do want all your favorite spiralizer recipes.