Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Indulgences

Weigh-in Wednesday!
Last Week's Weight: 170.8
Current Weight: 172.6
Change: +1.8
Total Loss: -55.4

Today's weigh-in in sponsored by the letter REGRET. As in, regret that I basically made 0 effort to control my eating between Sunday and today, even though I wasn't doing too bad before then. 

In this journey I have learned many things about myself and about this process. And, two major things continue to still be an issue for me: 1) portion control and 2) social eating. 

Now, portion control I've mooooostly gotten a handle on when I'm at home. Basically because I don't buy anything that I know I will not be able to control myself around. Nutella? Nope. Ice cream? Don't even think about it. Pasta? Hahaha no. Stacy's Pita Chips? That's a negative, ghostrider. So, while I'm an excellent avoider and actually couldn't even tell you the last time I bought any of those things, I do still continue to struggle with portion control.

Which leads to 2) social eating, when portion control most often rears its ugly head. I'm not sure what it is about my brain that says "Oh, we're at a party - LET'S EAT EVERYTHING," but that is pretty much my mindset in social situations. Hence, me eating way too much chips & guac, and a burger, and dessert on Monday. Then, this happened on Tuesday:


I'm in a monthly restaurant club, and yesterday's theme was eat ALL the meat. So, I did. As a former all-the-time overeater, I used to eat to the point of discomfort pretty frequently. Like, it was the girl who ate so much Halloween candy I was sick pretty much every year. I'm better about not doing that so much now, but I definitely did that yesterday, resulting in me being extremely uncomfortably full for the rest of the night.

I'd like to say that the rest of the week will be made up for with salads and carrot stick snacks, but I actually have dinner plans tonight that will also be an indulgence (we've waited 3 months for these reservations... I won't even pretend I'm not going to indulge). Then, I have dinner plans tomorrow that I already paid for (WHAT WAS I THINKING?), followed by a weekend getaway to Milwaukee. So, realistically I'm letting myself indulge tonight, but then I am going to be very conscious of my food decisions both tomorrow night and through the weekend. The goal is to CHOOSE when to indulge, and I can't make that choice for every single meal.

Hopefully next week's weigh-in will be sponsored by the letter LESSONS LEARNED.

How was your weigh-in Wednesday?

2 comments:

  1. Was it worth the 3 month wait for dinner at that restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social eating is a struggle of mine as well. Even being around my family or at work (we all eat our desks and have low cube walls so you can SEE the food) I struggle to not let myself rationalize eating something I should really choose not to. It's definitely something I need to work on because let's be honest, I am not going to never see other people or be in a social situation that involves food.

    ReplyDelete