Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Baby Steps

Pretty Strong Medicine

Last Week's Weight: 178 (woof)
Current Weight: 176.4
Change: -1.6
Total Loss: -51.6

So, last week's weigh-in sucked, hence what prompted my "Come to Jesus" post about what's going on and how I seriously needed to get eating under control. And lo and behold, I actually tracked everything honestly all week. And even with a bar crawl involved, I managed to lose weight. Now let's keep doing that, self.

I read a post by SkinnyMeg last week about the mental struggle of losing weight and she really nailed what's so hard about it. Now that I've been "maintaining-ish" a 50+ pound weight loss for about two years (sidenote: where has the time gone?!), I definitely reached a point of too comfortable, hence the weight gain. Teaching yourself to lose weight involves a very serious mental shift where you have to go from "I want this, so I will have it" to "I want this, but I need to make a healthier choice." Learning that healthier choices don't have to feel like deprivation is a big part of weight loss, and learning to be okay with hunger is a big part too. I'm a chronic over-eater, and so I have to continually remind myself that IT IS OKAY to be hungry sometimes. It's a work in progress, and probably something that will always be a struggle for me. I just have to keep reminding myself how much better it ultimately feels (mentally and physically) when my eating is better controlled. Baby steps!

Anyway, the coming week includes two happy hours with friends, deep dish with friends visiting from out of town (yes, I will save my points for that), and dinner out with my aunt and uncle who are visiting Chicago. It will definitely be a test of my self control, but I'm up for the challenge! Plus, I want to look and feel great on my birthday in two weeks, which means I need to keep it in check until then ;)

How was your weigh-in Wednesday?

3 comments:

  1. Great loss! We are on a journey here, and it's a learning curve. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty amazing what a week of tracking and being accountable for what you put into your mouth will do. Good luck with making your social plans work into your points this week. Thank god for weeklies, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! congratulations on your weightloss! considering your progress I would say this week was a triumph! I also tend to binge if I don't eat the way I should during the day. I try to eat 4-5 times a day, spacing my meals helps a lot! Good luck on your journey, your doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete