Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hungry Hungry


Last Week's Weight: 173.8
Current Weight: 173.4
Change: -0.4
Total Loss: -54.6

A loss is a loss, and I'm in this game to lose weight, so this week's weigh-in is a definite win! I've been trying to reel in a few key behaviors that I know are most responsible for this plateau:
  • Snacking while I'm cooking. Usually by the time I get home from work I am starving. I'm up and out of my apartment by 5:30am most morning, so by the time I get home around 7, I'm both tired and hungry and immediately want a snack. To fix this, I'm making a concerted effort to grab a glass of water while I make dinner, instead of immediately opening the pantry. 
  • Little nibbles. MAN THIS IS SO HARD. If there is food in front of me, I want to eat it. No regard for if I'm hungry, and little regard for if it's something I actually want to eat or not (except Cheez-its. I hate Cheez-its). Honestly, giving up sweets for Lent has really helped with this considering the perpetual stream of candy temptation around my office. And donuts. And Potbelly cookies. And... you get it. 
  • Portion control. I prepped my lunches for last week and this week, leaving me no excuses but to eat my lunch and track it. By far the biggest win was when I had a bunch of points left for dinner on Monday, so I bought a (medium-sized) frozen pizza, and just planned on eating the whole thing (#YOLO). Well, while I waited for the pizza to cook, I realized that I wasn't actually THAT hungry. Certainly not hungry enough to eat a whole (19PP) frozen pizza. So, I cut it in half and saved the rest for lunch the next day. This may seem like a duhhhhh thing to do, but this is actually pretty monumental for me. I am awful at recognizing/listening to hunger cues (and if I'm being totally honest, I pretty much always eat the whole pizza in one sitting), so this is progress!
(Oh wait, yes I am)
How was your weigh-in Wednesday?

7 comments:

  1. Way to cut that pizza in half! I used to be good about that, but I have been failing in that department lately. Pizza is my kryptonite!
    I snack while I cook too. Since I have been cooking with a lot of coconut oil lately and the container is out, I do my oil pulling while I cook (swishing oil around my mouth).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portion control is key!! Pretty much all the time I just stuff my face with no regard to how much I'm shoveling into my mouth. Having lunch already planned and packed makes it a lot easier to avoid going crazy when you think you're starving.


    My weigh in wasn't so good but I'm working on making next week's better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a continual grazer too...... when I'm Hungrey I just want to eat IMMEDIATELY.
    ALso i am super impressed at thepizza incident, I NEVER recognise that sort of cue, so way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, a loss is a loss!! Well done!! I weigh myself on Sundays, and I'm a little scared to be honest! I had a work trip to London where the wine was flowing and delicious food was everywhere so I went off track... I'm going to hit the gym for the next 3 days and hope for the best!! You have to live a little, right?

    Chrissy x
    www.chrissylilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of your trip to London, but totally agree with the live a little philosophy. I will be going on vacation at the end of the week, and definitely won't be tracking everything (but still being conscious of what I'm eating!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you seen any benefits from the oil pulling? I've read a bit about it so I'm always curious to hear people's experiences!

    ReplyDelete