Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Weighin' In


Last Week's Weight: 175
Current Weight: 171.8
Change: -3.2
Total Loss: -56.2

So this is obviously my first posted weigh-in of the new year. In February. And trust me, it was no accident. 

Here's what I've learned in 2.5 years of this weight loss game. I'm either really on, or really not on. There is no in between. There is no "I haven't been tracking that much, but I'm maintaining." If I'm not tracking, I'm gaining. If I'm not working at it every damn day, I'm gaining. It's all or nothing. And for the last month or so, it was nothing. 

I have a slow metabolism, which isn't any excuse, it's just a fact that I have to deal with. And, in the past, the only way I've been able to counteract that is with running. So, now that I haven't been running for over 6 months, it's been really tough to find other ways to get the same level of exertion. Before I joined ClassPass I was in a huge workout rut. I was getting sick of my same old same old at the gym, and I had gotten to the point where I was just going through the motions, but wasn't pushing myself nearly as much as I could have. 

In the last 3 weeks since joining ClassPass, I have to admit, I am in a much better place, workout-wise. I've been working out 5-6 (!!!) times a week, and pushing myself much harder. I've tried barre, kickboxing, POUND, yoga, circuit training, and more! And because almost every class is new to me, it feels fun and fresh. Fun! Working out can be fun! Except spinning. Sorry spinning, but I don't think we were meant to be.

Anyway, all of this to say that I'm tired of being on the nothing end of the all or nothing spectrum, but today's weigh-in was a huge (HUGE) step in the right direction. I know I can do better than I had been doing, so now I need to prove that.

(And also I have to wear a swimsuit on the beach in 51 days but who's counting).

How do you get out of a workout rut?

10 comments:

  1. Desiree Penton MarshallFebruary 4, 2015 at 11:27 AM

    I'm exactly like that too. I'm either all in 100% or nothing. Fantastic loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my workout back on. Thinking about trying the 21 day fix? UGH! I hate being a slave to those things, but I need to reboot.


    A bikini? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bikini-- yes! I'm waiting to pull the trigger under I can lose a few more pounds, but I've got my eye on a couple cute ones!


    Uhhhhh I don't want to go on a Beachbody diatribe, but if you really want to do 21 day fix, you can look up the sizes of the containers and the # containers each day based on your weight online for free. I just saved you $60! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm way ahead of you. Already download the program for free from a torrent site. I don't pay for that crap. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good mentality to have, but only when I'm on the right side of it :) Thanks Desiree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome that you are working out so much. I have really stepped up my workout game too. Although, I wish I had a class pass available to me. So cool. But what is POUND?
    I'm in the same boat as to swim suit soon... Can't wait for Mexico. But I can because I'm not ready to rock a cute suit on the beach. For now it's just the hardcore suit at the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Awesome weigh in girl. It sounds like ClassPass is working out really well for you. So proud of you for trying all of those new classes. I need to get to get back into working out. Body Pump once a week is great but I need to be doing more. And as you know, getting started is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wohooo. Slow metabolism girls unite. It sucks but I'd rather slow and tone up as I go then fast and have all the loose skin. Been there done that Great job girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm so belated in my response!! POUND is a cardio class. The best way I can describe it is that it's like the workout class version of STOMP the musical (where they drum on everything and dance). You have large plastic drumsticks in STOMP, and you do a lot of squatting and beating on the floor to the music. It's so much fun (and definitely a good burn too!!)

    ReplyDelete