Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Five

[ONE]


I am officially headed to the Dominican Republic in 68 days!!! I've never been on a REAL real vacation with friends, and I haven't been to the Caribbean since I was in middle school. We're going for 4 days at the end of March and holycowI'msoexcited. That said, this girl has some serious swimsuit-ready work to do in the next two months, which leads me to...


[TWO]


I'm buying a ClassPass! ClassPass is a monthly pass that allows you to go to as many classes as you want at participating studios/gyms/torture chambers around the city. The only catch is that you can't go to any one studio more than three times, but with over 100 options I'm pretty sure that won't be an issue. The pass is $100/month, which, for someone who isn't currently a paying gym member, seems like a lot. It is definitely less than the $150+/month to join a boutique studio here, though. I've found myself getting increasingly bored in the gym, and it's been getting harder to push myself. I figure I'll test out ClassPass at least until the trip, and see if it helps kick my ass harder than I've been on my own.

[THREE]



GUYS. I AM A TEA FIEND. I went to David's Tea last weekend, hoping to pick up a few new teas. I'm trying to curb my afternoon pop habit (usually a can of Diet Dr. Pepper about 3-4 days a week), and also my after-dinner snacking. So I picked up a bunch of different teas, as well as a cute little mug with an infuser basket. (I'm a sucker for a good post-holiday sale, clearly). I'm not sure if it's the novelty of the new infuser mug or what, but I've been having a cup of tea every night (and I even brought some tea to work), and I'm HOOKED.


The flavors I got are:
Snickerdoodle - LOVE
Maple Sugar - not as good as the name would suggest, but still good
Happy Kombucha - it's fruity, but has a hint of something strange that I can't place, not bad though
Pumpkin Chai - love love love love
Birthday Cake - tastes surprisingly birthday cake-y with almond(?) and vanilla. Very good.
Forever Nuts - definitely my favorite of the bunch. It tastes like the love child of pecan pie and angel dust

[FOUR]


Someone left a random pineapple at my desk last week. I have no idea what this means or who did it, but it's finally ripe enough to eat so give me alllll of the pineapple!

[FIVE]

I have almost no plans this weekend (my favorite kind of weekend) AND it's supposed to be in the 30's all weekend. That's practically summer! Therefore I plan to do some of this:


DEFINITELY some of this:


And, let's be real, some of this:




Have a great weekend friends! Any fun plans?

3 comments:

  1. Grapefruit, mushrooms and turkey bacon. Girl after my own heart!


    Also, that ClassPass is actually really neat! What a good idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the Dominican! I quit coffee recently and I've been drinking 3-4 cups of tea daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on vacation!! Bet it will be nice to go some where warm to escape winter for a little bit. Although 30's don't sound too bad. ClassPass sounds awesome as well. Over 100 choices?! Advantage of living in the big city, huh?

    ReplyDelete