Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Day in the Life

I always love reading about these from other bloggers, so I thought it was high time I share my own. Brace yourself, it's pretty exciting. Here's what a day in my life looks like most weekdays:

5:30am - Alarm goes off. It may or may not be to the tune of "Fergalicious." I'll never tell.


hint: it's fergalicious. (source)
6:06am - [exactly four snoozes later] I actually get up. I pack my gym bag at night before I got to bed because ain't nobody got time for that in the morning. And it's WAY more annoying to have to unpack and repack a bag for an after-gym workout so this motivates me to stick to my plan. I throw on gym clothes, grab my lunch and I'm out the door around 6:30.


Got this beaut for Christmas (from REI).
You could probably sell me a cardboard box if it was painted in this color.

6:30-7ish - Commute to the gym. If I'm feeling lazy (and lucky with my timing), there's a bus that goes basically from door to door. If not, I walk 8-10 minutes to the train, and another 8 from the train to my office. I spend most of my ride people-watching and dreaming of coffee.


I'll take two. (source)

7-7:15am - Arrive at the gym. Ponder why in the hell anyone would ever wake up early to go to the gym.

7:15 - 8:15am - Workout death.

8:15-8:45am - Shower/change/blow dry hair/coverup my undereye bags/get ready for work. Make the long trek up 11 floors from the gym to my office.

One Kate Spade bag away from being a fashion blogger, I tell ya. 

8:46am - Arrive at work. Immediately make coffee and breakfast. I keep a stash of oatmeal in my desk and usually bring a piece of fruit. My office has fruit for grabs in the kitchen, but bananas are a hot commodity around here, so don't expect to get one of those after Monday.


Blueberry Almond Steel Cut Oats. It is just as Barney-colored as it looks.

8:50am - noonish - I rarely have time to take an actual lunch, but I do try to take a brain break around noon. I'll spend a few minutes checking blogs, Twitter, Instagram, etc., while I eat my lunch. I try to bring a lunch at least 4 days a week, but occasionally I'll head across the street to the BEST SALAD BAR KNOWN TO MAN.


This week's lunches! Shredded cream of mushroom chicken with
french cut green beans from a can. It's kindof like green bean casserole except
healthier and now I am really craving some crunchy fried onions YUM.
12:30 - 6:30ish - What time I leave work depends on what time my work is done. Sometimes (rarely) it's 5:30. Usually it's close to 6:30, and on some really busy weeks, I'm around much later that that. I really (really!) love my job, so I don't mind working long hours. But if you have a 9-5 and complain about being at work until 5:30, don't come to me for sympathy.

7ish - Arrive home. Immediately remove real person clothes and put on pajamas. Turn on the tube and contemplate dinner.

7:30/8pm - Dinnertime. I sometimes meal prep enough foods that I have dinners ready to go. More often, I rely on a "some assembly required" dinner. Chicken (leftover from lunches) and sautéed veggies. Sweet potato hash with fried eggs. Soup. Scrambled eggs and bacon. A frozen meal would be a last resort. I very very very rarely order takeout during the week (that's what weekends are for).


SWEET POTATO HASH. LOVE OF MY LIFE.
8-10:00pm - Watch reality TV. I won't even try to pretend I watch anything but reality TV (until Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder and Mad Men come back). You wanted a real account of my day, right? Mondays are for The Bachelor (marry me, Farmer Chris!), Tuesdays are Chopped, Wednesdays are Top Chef, Thursdays are Millionaire Matchmaker and Project Runway, and Fridays are Shark Tank. Did I mention I write/tweet for the largest Shark Tank fan blog on Friday nights (@SharkTankABC)? Now you know!



10:00-10:15pm - Pack my gym bag for the next morning. Debate any possible reason why I should work out after work instead of before. Surrender myself to the fact that that won't happen if I wait until after. Finish packing. Begrudgingly.

10:30pm - Tell myself it's time for bed.

10:45pm - Tell myself it's time for bed. SERIOUSLY SELF.

11:00pm - Okay but now I have to pee.

11:15pm - Set my alarm and goodnight!

7 comments:

  1. Love this! I do the absolute same thing at night! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desiree Penton MarshallJanuary 14, 2015 at 1:14 PM

    LOL love the peek into your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love day in the life posts too. You are a busy girl! I'm not much of a reality watcher, but I do love a good episode of Dragon's Den/Shark Tank every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved getting a look at what your day is like. Exactly 4 snoozes later huh? I need to work on that whole waking up/snooze button thing. I hit the snooze button way too much and am usually rushing to leave on time. And lately with the poor road conditions I need to leave even earlier because accidents slow me down or force me to choose another (much longer) route to work. Being able to work out in the same building that you work must have its perks huh? Only travel time to factor in is the time it takes you to make your way up to the 11th floor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen Dragon's Den, but Shark Tank is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They used to even have the same judges, but I guess Shark Tank just go too big so no more Kevin and Robert on Dragon's Den anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying to find the Ultimate Dating Website? Create an account to find your perfect match.

    ReplyDelete