Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Post-Thanksgiving Weigh In



Last week I said, "I would love love love to see a weight in the 160's next week." Damnit, I was so close. SO CLOSE! Here's the damage:

Last Week's Weight: 171.2
Current Weight: 170.0
Change: -1.2
Total Loss: -58.0

On the plus side, I lost over a pound during Thanksgiving week, which is no easy feat. I realized I didn't talk about it, but I managed to stick pretty closely to the plan I set out last week, including skipping over the foods I'm not a huge fan of, and eating mindfully the rest of the day. I ate plenty of food and felt full, but definitely not sick. For someone who was the kid who ate Halloween candy until she practically puked, year after year, this is major progress. 

For perspective on what "real life" is like on Weight Watchers, here's my reality: last week my daily points dropped to 28/day. And still, I ate cookies and a giant chicken burrito and mashed potatoes and gravy and a delicious cheesey egg panini last week. I ate within my weekly 49 extra points, and only dipped 1PP into my activity points (I earned 25). I love that I can still eat these things, I just need to prepare for them and eat reasonably the rest of the time. Yes, it definitely takes thinking ahead and getting used to, but it really does work if you stick to the system.

Speaking of sticking to the system... this weekend will actually pose a bigger challenge for me that Thanksgiving. I'm headed to NYC to visit a friend, and I'm so excited! I haven't spent much time in NYC as an adult because my work trips this year have been so short, so I can't wait to spend time with my friend, see the city lit up for Christmas, and to eat ALL THE FOOD (...kidding, mostly). 

Trips are extra hard to stay on plan because all I want to do is indulge in the foods I can't get back home. So my goal is to stick to my usual vacation strategy: to eat as healthily as I can for two meals a day, and then let loose a bit for the third. I need to mentally remind myself that just because I am in a fun place, does not mean I need to eat my face off the entire time. I can still make healthy choices (egg whites instead of regular eggs, side salad instead of fries) without feeling deprived. I did pretty decently when I was in DC earlier this year, and when my best friend came to visit me in Chicago (and I was acting like a tourist with her). Here's hoping I can stick with the plan. Whether I do or don't, it's up to me!

How was your weigh-in Wednesday?

3 comments:

  1. I have never been to NYC but I bet it's magical this time of year. I hope you have fun! Please post lots of pictures so we can travel vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I am now going to follow you on Instagram as well because I want to see the pretty pictures too!

    Also, I think you can stick to your plan. You strike me as a dedicated individual who knows what she wants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive to lose on a holiday week!! Have fun in NYC!!

    ReplyDelete