Monday, November 3, 2014

Facing the Music

It's time for a fresh start after this whirlwind October.

I buckled down on my eating habits a few months ago to fit into a snug bridesmaid dress for my best friend's wedding. I was being fairly regimented with both my eating and my workouts, and thankfully was able to drop a few pounds and feel comfortable in the dress. The wedding was absolutely stunning, and I couldn't be happier to have stood next to my best friend as she said "I do" to her husband. 

Picture-perfect.
Not too shabby for doing my own hair and makeup!
I am slightly addicted to fake lashes.
Bachelorette Party shenanigans. 
Cool kids bring their little brother as their wedding date.

The busy busy wedding week was followed by a last minute one-day trip to NYC for work, and the week that followed was a mess of trying to catch up on work and sleep. I did manage to sneak in much-needed and long overdue hair chop. FAREWELL 7" of hair that often looked like a lion's mane. 



The moral of the story is that it's been a pretty chaotic month. Also, that I totally fell off the wagon after the wedding and it's involved more than one frozen pizza. And a candy binge at work on Friday (right AFTER I went to the gym. WHY SELF?). I've been tracking, but I haven't been fully tracking honestly. I'll track all day and then gorge on an unhealthy dinner and not write it down (the shame! the accountability!). 

Starting Tuesday, I'm re-starting Weight Watchers. I don't think I'll stay on it forever, but I do know that I need a firm kick in the right direction, because right now I'm going in the WRONG direction. I'm about 16lbs higher than my lowest weight... and it sucks. Plain and simple I've gotten too lax on my eating, and I still haven't been regularly running. I've bought groceries that I know I shouldn't keep in the apartment because I'm bad at portion control. But I know I'm doing these things wrong, and I know I need to make a change. 

It's time to face the music and get back to the plan that I know works for me. Cheers to starting fresh for November, and finishing out 2014 strong!

5 comments:

  1. I love the shorter do!!! So pretty!
    Girl I hear ya it's been crazy.. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your hair and makeup for the wedding. And your new shorter do is gorgeous!

    I hear ya on the pigging out after working out. Working out can make me so hungry and crave all the things. Tracking always helps though. I'm trying to make myself track every day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow is my fresh start day. I have GOT to track my food!!! Ugh!
    On a happier note, your shorter hair looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new hair! And I'm with ya on the fresh start thing. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower and cant wait to follow you on your WW journey as long as you are on it. =) I am starting back on WW tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete