Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day Late and a Dollar Short

In an effort to take bake the reins of accountability, I'm bringing back the weekly weigh-ins. I'll be weighing in on Wednesdays again because a) I am a creature of habit, b) that's my start of my "week" on WW, and c) Weigh-In Monday just doesn't have the same ring to it. And obviously d) there's a linkup that I totally dropped the ball on yesterday.



I can't present to you last week's weight because I was really busy not caring about anything I ate and devouring a 24-serving bag of trail mix in less than two weeks (it was obviously really good trail mix). 

Without further ado (yes, ado is correct, not adieu, and you can take that to the BANK):

Current Weight: 176.4

I'll be honest and say that this is NOT the highest number I've seen on the scale lately. In fact, there was a 3-digit number that ended in a 9 the other day and I was far from a happy camper about it, even though I have no one to blame but myself.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that it's hard to reform 25 years of poor eating habits in a way that is maintainable for the foreseeable future. It's hard to re-teach yourself portion control and hunger cues and saying no thank you every time you walk past 14 bowls of candy in your office (truth). I have more to say about this, coming soon. But for now, all I can do is return to the basics that helped me lost 65lbs in the first place... some of which I now need to re-lose. 

My mission? 165 by NYE or bust. Time to get fit for '15!



3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this!!!! Thanks for sharing, the struggle is REAL. I deal with the same issues daily. xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I so feel you on trying to teach yourself how to eat healthy after years of bad habits. It's a lot harder than it looks and takes a lot of time. I'm also around you same weight and would love to be 165 by NYE. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get back to weigh ins for the accountability myself. Skipping the scale makes it easier to avoid facing the truth about my habits. I mean my current habits (24 years worth of bad ones btw) are only leading to increases on the scale. I've seen a new number on the scale that I am not proud of. So now I need to lose the same five pounds that I've lost at least three times before PLUS an additional couple of pounds. It is definitely time to get fit for '15!

    I'll see you Wednesday for weigh in accountability! The struggle is so real but we can do this!

    ReplyDelete