Thursday, May 8, 2014

TMI Thursday

I saw this "TMI" survey going around blog-land on Caitlin and Theodora's blogs, so I thought I'd play along. It's not really TMI, but fun to share some tidbits about my life that  I don't often talk about on this ol' blog of mine :)

1. What are you wearing?

As I write this post: leggings, a Chicago Public Library t-shirt, a turquoise fleece and gray Toms. Try not to be too jealous of my super cool library shirt.

2. Ever been in love?

Nope.

3. Ever had a terrible breakup?

Yes. My first relationship (I use the term loosely... we weren't official official) ended after a few months of LDR and, yeah, it was not fun.

4. How tall are you?

Just shy of 5'6".

5. How much do you weigh?

164.

6. Any tattoos?

Nope.

7. Any piercings?

My mom let me get my ears pierced at age 6 and then (stupidly) bribed me to ride a roller coaster at age 12 in order to get my ears double pierced because I hated roller coasters and she didn't think I'd do it. I did. I used to have a tragus and cartilage piercing. Now it's just my ears and my nose.


Freshly pierced nose pic.  Did I mention they pierced my nose with a gun? In Dublin?
At a "parlor" that clearly catered to teenagers wanting rebellious eyebrow rings? 
8. Favorite song?

So many! I feel like a cliche, but I love Journey's Don't Stop Believing. I also love: We Built This City (Jefferson Starship), Mad World (Gary Jules), Baba O'Reilly (The Who), every Hootie and the Blowfish song, and anything by Girl Talk which is a total copout answer because they are all mashups :)


9. Quality you look for in a partner?

Confidence, sense of humor, honesty.


10. Favorite quote?


Here's a few that I often turn to for motivation:










11. Favorite actor?


Hi.
Based on looks? Gerard Butler. Based on actual acting chops? Leo.

12. Loud music or soft?


Soft.

13. Where do you go when you’re sad?


For a run. At least, I'm trying to make that a habit.

14. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?


If I'm showering about 40 minutes. If I'm not, <20.


15. Ever been in a physical fight?


Six-year-old Carolyn ironically got in a fight at Girl Scout World Friendship Day. To this day I have no idea what it was over or why it started, all I know is a girl hit me and I hit her back. Also I was wearing a ladybug t-shirt at the time.



Does this obnoxious shirt ribbon make me look scary?
16. Turn on?

Intelligence, the perfect scruff, the ability to exchange witty banter.


17. Turn off?


Cockiness. Lack of ambition.


18. Fears?


Not achieving my full potential. Also, heights.



Behind that smile is the face of sheer terror. 
19. Last thing that made you cry?

Oh you know just the end of an Undercover Boss episode where the owner of Modell's gave a women $250K so she could move out of a homeless shelter and buy a house. IT WAS A REALLY TOUCHING MOMENT.


20. Last time you said you loved someone?

When talking on the phone with my dad yesterday.


21. Meaning behind your YouTube name?


It's my gmail handle AKA my real name. Exciting!


22. The relationship between you and the last person you texted?


My landlady.

23. Favorite food?


Favorite food: does "any type of brunch" count?
Burgers with fried eggs, penne alla vodka, denver omelets, Ann Sather cinnamon rolls, truffle fries, and Chipotle burrito bowls.

24. Place you want to visit?


In no particular order: South America (Brazil, specifically), Germany, France, New Zealand, California (Napa, Sonoma), Seattle, Hawaii.


25. Do you have a crush?


See #11 above. 


26. Last time you kissed someone?


Er, last month.


27. Last time you were insulted?


Hmm, I'm not sure about this one. Nothing specific comes to mind.


28. Favorite piece of jewelry?



Do you know how hard it is to photograph your hand in this position?
Two pieces: my grandmother's necklace that my grandpa gave to me on my 18th birthday (she died before I was born), and my claddaugh ring that my parents gave to me on my 13th birthday.


Play along at home! Pick some questions to answer yourself. If you do, leave a link in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. I'm filing this one for a writer's block day! I love learning stuff like this about people! Gerard and Leo -those would be my two picks! I love your ring too, I used to have one just like that! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely learned a little more about you today!

    LOVE the story about getting in a fight at Girl Scouts. I snorted my coffee out my nose at my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved learning a bit more about you! Expect to see this post come up on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...your fight story made me laugh. LOL. Totally steeling this list. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete