Monday, April 14, 2014

The Ugly Truth

I apologize for neglecting the linkup last week! But I'm baaaaaaaack.

Ready for the truth?

I ate pretty badly last week, and I don't really have a good reason as to why. Bad is still relative, because I'm not eating as poorly as I ate before starting this journey (which I'm only now realizing exactly how bad that was... I was probably eating 2200+ calories a day). But I made the mistake of buying chocolate wafer cookies because I thought I could control myself around them at home... and I was oh so very wrong. And then I ate Mexican food at work for no reason other than that it was there. And I ate pizza and tiramisu this weekend. Needless to say, it's time to get back on the wagon.

The other ugly truth? My achilles issues from last fall/winter are flaring up again. I completed my scheduled 12-miler on Saturday with Lauren (rewarded with brunch, per usual). But when I went to complete Sunday's 4-mile recovery run, my achilles was having nothing to do with it. I couldn't stop limping through the run, and it wasn't really improving as I kept going, so I called it a day after half a mile. I'm worried about the half, but my taper starts this week so I'm Ibuprofen-ing 'round the clock and trying to listen to my body.

Onto more positive things that are more in my control: this week's goals!

Fitnasty for Life

1) No lunches out. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I was a meal-prepping maniac last night due to the aforementioned of-the-wagonness from last week. Lunches for every day this week are ready to go, no excuses here!

2) 100oz of water a day. Hydration nation... T-2 weeks until race day and I want to focus on healthy habits now.

3) No pop. Ugh. I just need to make this happen.

4) 10,000 steps a day! As I've mentioned before, this isn't always easy on my non-workout days, but I need to focus on getting up and moving around during the day (even if it's just a lap around the office).

You'll notice there aren't any running-related goals on here because... well, I don't know what my running schedule is going to look like this week. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get in at least 3 runs, but my priority is getting to the start line in as good of shape as possible. If that means limiting my running in the next 2 weeks, so be it.

Have you ever dealt with achilles issues or injuries so close to race day? Any advice?

What are your goals this week? Let's hear it!





7 comments:

  1. I really hope your Achilles problem doesn't affect you too much come race day. It seems like training has been going so well for you up until this point and I would hate to see all of your hard work not be put to good use with an amazing race.

    Maybe your off the wagon eating last week was just a little reset your body needed. Now you'll be back on track better than ever and see some awesome results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I'm on for 100oz of water too! :)

    Jessi @ Not the Average Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter what, I have no doubt you're going to knock this run out of the park.

    Hearing all your talks about running makes me wish I had signed up for a half!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your Achilles problem is sorted soon and you have a nice race...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. I hope you heal fast. Sometimes you just need to sit back and take a break and let things heal up. Get better soon girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always do that too. Buy something I like because I think I can control myself around it... and then nope. No control. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete