Tuesday, April 1, 2014

On One Year


One year ago, I decided to finally take the plunge and start a silly little blog that I didn't expect anyone to read. I had just hit the 30lbs lost mark (officially leaving the 200's behind) and I was ecstatic with my progress on Weight Watchers. I loved reading about the journeys of other bloggers, and I was inspired that maybe, just maybe, my own story was worth sharing. 

I didn't have a pretty layout (let's be honest, still don't), I didn't reallllllly have experience with keeping a long-term blog, and I didn't tell a single family member or friend about my blog because I was still scared of talking about the cold hard truth about my weight. Instead, I carved a safe little niche among [former] strangers in a space that I had previously only observed from afar... and you let me in. 

Since then I've had good weeks and bad weeks. I've trained for and completed my first half marathon, but I've failed to meet goals I've set for myself, too. I've gained weight and I've lost weight. I've discussed my successes and I've shared the aspects of weight loss that are still a challenge to me, even almost a year and a half later. And I couldn't possibly be more grateful for what changes this past year has brought.

I'm stronger than I've ever been in my life, despite the occasional missteps along the journey. I know my strengths, but I am still very much working on the weaknesses. Whether you've been reading all along, or whether this is the very first post you're seeing, I wouldn't be where I am without you. The accountability, the camaraderie, and the friendship; I am truly grateful for your support.

Cheers to one year friends, and many more to come!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, lady! On both your blog + health accomplishments-- you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your truly and inspiration. Please keep at it:) Your blog makes me smile and gives me hope I can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversary! I hope you continue to blog even after you've reached your goal weight. You're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogaversary pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogaversary! You look amazing, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww--happy blogiversary!!! Blogging has helped me so much too!! I have just begun and can't wait to see the results after a year:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blogiversary! I love visiting your blog-- I'm so glad that you have shared your journey so far!!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. TWINSIE! We even started our BLOG around the same time, in the same month.

    SO SO SO SO SO happy I found your blog and can share this battle with you. You inspire me daily.

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete