Monday, March 17, 2014

Falling Down

Fitnasty for Life

Let's just get down to it. I fell off the wagon last week. Many long days and a mid-March blizzard (oh Midwest, you fickle beast) led to missed runs, and then *cough* an entire bag of Smartfood Popcorn consumed over the weekend. And pancakes. And lots of wine. And chocolate chips. C'est la vie.

This week is definitely going to be a challenge due to some work travel today and tomorrow, but that doesn't mean I have to throw away an entire week of eating and working out. I'm making it my mission to focus on the little things that I can control, and to get back to my regular routine as soon as I'm back in Chicago.

Here's my game plan:

1) 100 ounces of water a day. Yes, this was a goal last week. No, I didn't do it every day. Today's a new day.

2) Complete 4 out of 5 runs. I only did two of five last week. Ugh. On the plus side, one of those two included 8 miles at a 9:38 pace. Who the heck am I?!

3) 10,000 steps a day. If I'm being honest, I've been seriously slacking on steps lately. Especially when I'll be in NYC for 2 days, I have no excuses to not walk a lot!

Your turn! What are your goals for the week?






5 comments:

  1. I too have been struggling to stay on the wagon. Just goes to show that what I thought would be the magic moment of moving out would make things so much easier really isn't a magic moment at all. I still need to put in the effort and time if I want to see results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Doritos, cheezies, cake, drinks, etc. all weekend long. I feel your pain. We can do this though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. new week...I am sure this week you will stick to your goals, I want to get back to reading, lets see how that goes for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow is a new day! I fell off the wagon yesterday, and my goals for the week are very similar to yours! Really looking foward to the new week! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete