Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Not an Accident

Weigh In Wednesday

So, uh, it's been awhile. I wasn't avoiding this linkup by accident. Basically, a whole slew of excuses (and bad eating, mostly) meant that my weight crept up throughout December, and I started the New Year about 9lbs up from my lowest weight of 165.4. OH THE HUMANITY.

You mean I can't eat unlimited cookies and mac & cheese and Nutella cheesecake brownies and pot roast and expect to maintain?

*sigh*

ANYWAY, I did my favorite thing for the first few days after I got home which was deny, deny, deny. 

"Oh, my scale's batteries are almost dead [TRUE], so that's why this number is inaccurate [FALSE]."

"These pajamas must weigh like 9lbs." 

"I'll just drink a ton of water and it'll fall right off!" Yeah, okay champ.

In my pre-weightloss days, I did extensive testing on my theory that the more you deny something, the more it makes that thing untrue. Turns out that theory is wrong. 

And thus begins the rekindling of my love affair with tracking every damn thing and making good choices (crazy, I know). With the exception of an indulgent brunch on Sunday, I've been back in business since New Years Day.  Meal-prepping, drinking water, and even letting Jillian kick my butt with week 3 of Ripped in 30.

Anyway, here are the dirty deets and I'm happy to report that at least things are moving back in the right direction:

Last Week's Weight: 174
Current Weight: 171.2
Change: -2.8
Total Loss: -56.8 

Onward!

How was your weigh-in Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. I weigh in on Fridays, so we'll SEE how it goes.

    I, like you, used the denial method. We'll see what the scale says on Friday *shutter*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh... I feel your pain. I think I'm the only person trying to lose weight that gains weight when I'm sick. I literally was on my butt for 5 days are hardly anything and hello 7 lbs. Oh well I'm with you track, track, track everything. And back to the grind on Saturday! Good luck girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will get there! I've been stuck at 153.9 for a month! Before I was stuck at 166.6 for a month also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denial, my favourite friend. But a 2lb loss is a great start, and you're headed in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, right there with ya over the whole month of December for me actually! Denial is my middle name.... Glad things are moving downward again for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an expert denier. I should start a club.

    Great loss, keep up the good work!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are about at the same point and it looks like we may have started around the same weight!
    I stopped posting photos of my weight because I was ashamed. Excuses are my specialty.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving in the right direction is all that matters. I'm currently hiding from the scale because I'm terrified of what it will tell me, at least what I think it will tell me. Next week no matter what I need to weigh in. Getting back on track is so hard for me!

    ReplyDelete