Thursday, January 9, 2014

More than a Number

button



Let's talk about something other than that stupid scale, hmm?
  • Even though Week 2 kicked my butt, I'm powering through with Week 3 of Ripped in 30. Two words for you: DUCK. WALKS. The pain is real.
  • I ate a rice cake with chocolate peanut butter on top for dessert the other day, and, contrary to what I expected, it didn't taste like self loathing. Sometimes I get it in my mind that anything less than <insert unhealthy craving> will leave me bitterly disappointed. But it didn't. It took me awhile to learn this lesson when I first started, and I think giving in to cravings too many times caused me to revert back to my old mindset. I need to remember that healthy choices can be satisfying and that I'm not "deprived" of a cheeseburger because I [make myself] pick a salad instead. 
  • Managed a chilly 12 degree run with my new favorite toy (Garmin Forerunner 10!) before Chicago literally became colder than Siberia thanks to a shifting polar vortex. 
  • Got some awesome new workout clothes from Old Navy's killer sale last weekend because a) I love me a good sale and b) I basically never buy myself workout clothes (mostly because it helps me justify the 75+ t-shirts that I "need" in my closet). 
  • NYE last year versus NYE this year:
Okay, the one on the right is not from NYE. But I wore the same thing,
just didn't get a full-length pic (worst blogger award).

Thus fulfills my selfie quota for 2014. 

What NSVs are you celebrating this week?


9 comments:

  1. My belly looks flatter for sure. I am eating clean 90 % of the time and it shows! I am working out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, you're brave for running in the cold! I'm not too far away, in the Madison WI area, and I've decided I will not be running until it's at least 30! You're doing a fantastic job, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohoo for cold weather running! I love it. Proud of you for going out and not making an excuse. ha!. Oh and look at you hottie with a body!! Beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am treadmill bound until March for sure! I hate the cold! You are a nut for going out in this weather! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on that cold weather run! I really need to get to Old Navy for some new workout clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had some awesome NSVs this week! I have to say that your NYE pics are amazing! You were beautiful before, but wow your progress is so great! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of these NSV's. You rock twinsie. :)

    ReplyDelete