Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lazy Girl's Buffalo Chicken

Resident Lazy Chef, here. Back again with another of my absolute favorite simple recipes: Lazy Girl's Buffalo Chicken!

Just so you know, I feel like a fraud calling this a recipe, because it really is stupidly easy. Not including crockpot time, it takes all of 20 minutes to assemble.


Ingredients:
- boneless chicken breasts (roughly 1.5lbs will make 6 hearty portions)
- Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- brown rice
- 1.5 bags of frozen peppers
- light sour cream (optional)

Directions:
Trim any fat and put your chicken in the crockpot on high for 4 hours. Mine was pre-marinated, but it doesn't have to be. Put the lid on and don't touch it! When the chicken is almost done, cook your brown rice (I prefer Minute Rice because it only takes 10 minutes) and sauté your veggies so they're all ready to go. Use two forks to shred your chicken and then add a healthy dose of Frank's Red Hot (probably 1/4 - 1/3 of the bottle). Mix your chicken to coat evenly.

To portion it out, I did 2/3 cup brown rice, a scoop of the veggies (probably 2/3 cup), and 4.5oz chicken. Feel free to add more Frank's if you think it needs it. Once I reheat it, I'll add a dollop (2 TBS) of light sour cream on top. Depending on your brown rice, this meal (which is a pretty hearty serving) ends up at about 313 calories or 10PP. Add 40 calories and 1PP for sour cream.

Really easy ingredients and really quick to assemble-- this is definitely a recipe I make all the time. Enjoy!

What are your go-to lazy meals?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my that looks glorious!!! Thanks for sharing. I love anything crockpot. I've made pasta e fagoli, BBQ chix, I'm trying fettuccine Alfredo tonight. Little more calories but I'll take a smaller portion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good! Anything you can make in a crock pot is a win in my book. But I do have a question for you. Is there anything you put in the crock pot with the chicken besides the hot sauce? And if you don't, does the chicken stick to the crock pot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I love your whole "lazy girl recipe" thing! When I'm meal prepping for a hopefully successful eating week, I need the recipes to be easy and fairly quick! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loove a good easy recipe! My go to is crock pot chicken tortilla soup.. T despises it though, so I have to make it nights he isn't going to be home and then take leftovers for lunch. haha!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete