Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Welp.

I've been slacking.

I don't have a good reason, really. I've got about 800 excuses though:

  • It's too cold
  • There's ice on the ground and I can't run because I will fall and break and break my ankle (<-- valid. I refuse to run when it's icy)
  • I'm busy
  • I don't want to cook
  • I don't have time to cook (100% a lie)
  • I don't know what workout to do
  • I'm giving myself time to adjust to the new job
  • I'm scared of Jillian Michaels
  • Why should I start the 30-day shred if I'm not going to commit to doing it when I'm home over Christmas?
The last one is a sad weak pathetic excuse. What kind of self-defeating mumbo jumbo is that?!?! There is absolutely no reason I can't bring my Jillian Michaels DVD home with me and stick to it when I'm home.

The more I think about it though, the more I realize that two things are currently sabotaging me:

1) I'm less than 20lbs from my goal weight. I'm comfortable. Too comfortable. I'm eating/drinking/living life like I'm in maintenance mode. So, really, should I be shocked that I'm maintaining instead of losing?

First day of school the new job!
2) Maybe this is strange, but I'm much better at balancing my schedule when it's completely jam packed. When that happens I become extremely regimented, so as to not drop one of the many balls I'm juggling. I haven't been too busy the last few weeks, which means relaxing, and not doing any morning workouts, and generally slacking on my eating more than I should.


There's a light at the end of the tunnel though. I'm absolutely loving the new job so far (!!!) and I now have free access to the gym in my new office. If that isn't a good reason to at least pound out 30 minutes on the dreadmill at the end of the day, well, I got nothin'.

Good talk, guys. Time to get back on track.

How do you get back on track after falling off the wagon?

6 comments:

  1. Lol! I went off track too but am determined that I'm going to get back on track this week and have decided to commit to doing the jillian DvDs as close to daily as possible, commit to doing it with me?

    Also wooooo for fantastic new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are enjoying your new job!

    I find switching it up helps me when I'm lacking motivation. I adore Jillian (as you know), but I need a change! I'm starting T25 right after Christmas for a change of pace. It's so much harder to stick to workouts in the winter! At least for me.

    Nothing wrong with maintaining through the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 Day Shred is great but Jillian sucks! Free access to the gym, that should get you pumped!!! I'm rooting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad about the new job and the gym perks! I'm way past maintenance mode and into sloth mode I think! LOL I have GOT to get back on track and get my shit together here! We can do this! You are so close to give up now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's this weather. I haven't run a single mile in December. Ahhh....Next week it's on, as long as I have no hip pain.
    I'm so glad you're loving your new job so far:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the awesome thing about Jillian Michael's DVD, you don't need to bring much to be able to do it any where!

    I'm glad you're loving your new job. And you're within 20 pounds of your goal weight?! Damn girl that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete