Monday, December 2, 2013

Exciting News!

If there's anything that can ease the difficulty of returning to real life after a holiday vacation, today's exciting news certainly made more manageable.

The big news:

1) I got a new job! I've really enjoyed my current job (where I've been contracting since August), but I am so excited for what's to come. I'll have roughly the same responsibilities as where I am now, but I'll be working in a much larger agency and department. It's a phenomenal opportunity for me and I am so excited to start next Monday!

2) I got selected to participate in the Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC! My college roommate, who lives in DC, also threw her name in the lotto and was selected, so we'll be running together come April 27, 2014. 



On two other completely unrelated notes:

1) The weekly goals linkup is going to be on hiatus until after the holidays. Not that that's any excuse to slack on the diet and exercise front (yeah, workin' on getting back on the bandwagon after Thanksgiving… woof). I just don't have the time to dedicate to it before the holidays, but it will return!

2) Have you signed up for our Blogger Secret Santa? There are still spots left, so claim yours now if you want in!! Here are all of the details you need to know. Send an email to marychristmascarol@gmail.com to join :)



How was your first day back from the holiday?

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on both the new job and being selected to participate in the Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC!! That is definitely some exciting news and a great way to return to real life after the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning on running The Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC with Team in Training. We will meet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great news! Congrats on the new job and the Half! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the job! That's so exciting!!!!

    I'm happy that you got into the half. I've seriously been contemplating signing up for one.... I think now is the time. Ugh. YOU MOTIVATE ME, TWINSIE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh...so excited for you. A new job, the Nike Half (oh so jealous) awesome awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete