Thursday, November 14, 2013

How Do You Measure a Year?

365 days ago was the day I decided to change my life. 

Who am I kidding?

365 days ago I finally committed to Weight Watchers, mostly expecting it to fail me and that I'd be back to my thrice weekly Jimmy Johns habit in no time.

Welp. I was wrong. 

Gloriously, happily, 61-pounds-lighter wrong.



In one year...

  • 37 weeks of weight losses (including a 7-week streak of straight losses)
  • 539 miles run (since March '13)
  • 102 blog posts
  • Tight size 16 to a size 8/10
  • -26% of my original bodyweight
  • Went from a 38 minute 5K to a 27:53 5K
  • One half marathon
  • Zero regrets
It's a strange thing to lose so much weight, when you never really imagined yourself actually doing it. Not that I didn't think I was capable of doing it, just that I didn't really think about it. Period.

Yet here I am, approaching weights I haven't seen in ten years (ten years!). And while I never had low self-esteem as an adult, my confidence is the highest it's ever been. Every day isn't perfect, but I'm learning and growing every day. It hasn't always been easy. I've sacrificed nights out with friends for half marathon training, greasy french fries at trivia, happy hours after work, and yes, even my beloved Jimmy Johns (…sometimes). 

But I've also gained so much more: perspective, self control, determination, and confidence. Despite the weirdness of having a completely different body, I feel more "me" than ever before. Had I know then how good I feel now, I would've done this years ago. But I wouldn't take back one single moment of this journey, setbacks and all. 

Cheers to the next 365 days, and to finally getting Fitnasty for Life :)



button

16 comments:

  1. That is amazing, this year has made such a HUGE difference to your life, not just tthe way you look but your attitude. I am so impressed by the milage you've been logging, thats amazing and the time you've shaved off your 5k, brilliant.

    So congratulations for, simply all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a wonderful year you have had, it's amazing how much you have achieved in 1 year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! You look AMAZING! Congratulations on your progress! Super inspiring and motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You've had a number of great achievements this year. Good for you for believing in yourself enough to stick with it, you're glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That my friend is amazing!!! And what's not love about Jimmy Johns...oh their delish. Now I need one! So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a huge accomplishment! You look gorgeous and so happy. I love it! (I have a weakness with Jimmy John's as well. The Vegetarian Sandwich.. omg...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE!!!!!!!!! Love this post! You are so amazing! You look so happy and just look at all you've accomplished in this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fantastic!! Way to go!! Alexis - anotherpoundlost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are absolutely amazing!! GREAT job! Thank you for the inspiration to get my butt in shape too :)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats love! You look amazing and you're soooo inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turly an amazing story. Congratulations! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! You're truly an inspiration. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is wonderful! Very inspiring! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an awesome accomplishment! Keep pushing on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are amazing. So proud of everything you've accomplished. You are my hero. :)

    PS, I keep breaking out in song every time I see the title of this entry. ;)

    ReplyDelete