Monday, November 18, 2013

Getting in the Game



After a weekend that included an Ugly Sweater 5K and plenty of birthday shenanigans for my friend's birthday, it's back to the daily grind. On the plus side, last full week of work before Thanksgiving!

If you've landed on my blog from Amy at Diary of a Fat Mommy, welcome to Monday's Weekly Goals Linkup! I'm sorry to see Amy depart from the linkup, but am hoping to meet up with her when she's over in my neck of the woods! 







So, last week?

1) Back on the wagon. Success! I brought my lunch AND made dinner every day last week! I didn't even give in to getting an emergency diet coke in the afternoon, so double win!

2) Get in five workouts. No, unfortunately not. I wish I had a better excuse, but I think I've developed achilles tendinitis in my right leg, which has really been cramping my style. I tried running on Wednesday and didn't make it .2 miles before I had to stop. So far everything I've read has more or less told me to stop running for at least a few weeks. I never thought I'd see the day when I was sad NOT to run, but… I'm sad/frustrated not to run. I'm going to give myself a week off, and then see where I stand.

3) No more candy. Winner winner chicken dinner! I did eat a cake ball on Friday, though.

Here's what I've got on the agenda for this week:

1) At least 3 yoga classes. I've found that most yoga poses don't irritate my achilles, so I'm going to try to make it to at least 3 classes this week. Gotta get bang for my Groupon buck!

2) Water. I've been really slacking on water consumption the last few days. Time to get back to basics! My goal is 100oz of water a day. Sidenote: Don't know how much water to drink? Aim for half your body weight in ounces.

3) Keep it healthy. I was good about cooking and not ordering take out last week. I want to keep the momentum going! Which means… I need to grocery shop. Ugh.

What are your goals this week?

**Apologies that I haven't gotten everything all set up yet to host the linkup on my own, but I will for next week! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You did great with your goals from last week. I'm sure you'll knock this week's goals out of the park as well.

    Stinking water. I know I can drink at least 80oz a day, I've done it before. But damn is there ever a mental battle that goes on at work about having a Mountain Dew rather than water. Maybe it isn't even a battle so much as I'm lazy and would just rather not? I need to focus on my water consumption with you this week.!

    ReplyDelete