Friday, November 1, 2013

Five on Friday!




I mean, yeah, I fell off the face of the earth again this week. But here's my Five on Friday!


<ONE>




I'm running the Hot Chocolate 15K this weekend, because let's be real, my main motivation for running involves the promise of food afterwards. So those 9.3 miles will be spend envisioning finish line indulgence of delicious chocolate, followed by brunch (obviously). My [not so secret] goal is to maintain a 10:15 pace throughout the race, which is a hair slower than my 10K pace last month. I ran 9 miles last weekend at exactly a 10:00 pace, so fingers crossed that I can do it! 

<TWO> 

I went to the doctor today for my annual checkup. When the nurse practitioner weighed me, she looked confused and then asked if I had lost weight. UH YEAH I DID. She said she didn't even recognize me and that she thought she had the wrong patient! My doctor was excited about my progress, and told me she definitely thinks 150lbs is a reasonable goal weight that I'll be able to maintain. Great success!

<THREE>

The Fit Train

Ain't no secret that one of my favorite blog ladies Tiffany at The Fit Train! She's been going through a fitness hump, and her solution is to offer a little challenge to get #Fit4Christmas. In a desperate attempt to break into the 150's by the end of the year, you bet your bottom dollar that I signed up to join her. Here are my starting measurements (accountability!).


Bust- 40.5
Waist- 32.5
Hips- 39.5
Thighs- 26 [R], 25.25 [L]
Calf- 16 [R], 16 [L]
Arm- 12.5 [R], 13 [L]
Weight - 166.8

I'm mildly amused that my right thigh is bigger than my left, while my left arm is bigger than my right. I took before pictures too, but I'm not showing those bad boys until there's improvement to be reported. 

<FOUR>

Speaking of measurements, my calves, like Miley Cyrus, can't be tamed. These babies have been 16" since the very beginning, and they show no signs of shrinking. I still can't fit into normal width boots which is seriously cramping my ability to find some cute brown riding boots. My only goal this weekend, aside from running, is to hit up DSW and try to find some boots that can contain my calves. 

<FIVE>


Ohhhhh yeah, THIS. If I'm being honest, I basically blew off blogging this week so I could re-read Divergent and Insurgent before I dive face-first into Allegiant, the final book in Veronica Roth's dystopian trilogy. If you haven't heard of this series we can't be friends, it follows a similar premise and style to the Hunger Games trilogy. The main character is a 16-year-old girl named Tris who lives in futuristic Chicago, in a society divided into five separate factions. Like Hunger Games, society is a mess, and Tris has to learn how to survive all of the brutal situations she's thrown into.

Have you read Allegiant? [no spoilers please!]

7 comments:

  1. Hot chocolate 15K? Sounds super fun! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    New follower from the 5 on Friday link up :)

    Brittany @ http://infinityampersand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so great with your running! I'm impressed!!

    Also, you are basically my hero for introducing me to a new book series that looks right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll so great running the 15K! My friend is not a plus size girl, but she does have large calves, so she buys her boots from Lane Bryant. Every pair she has is super cute, you should check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Hot Chocolate 15K is right up my alley! I wish there were more runs in my area... alas, there's your major 3-4/year. BOO!

    Twin, we can get to 150s by Christmas! BOOM BABY! Let's make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Allegiant! Be prepared to cry the last 25% of the book. I literally finished it in like two days it was so dang good! Hope you loooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at chocolate..yum...Had I known that's what you got at the finish I would have gone with you. Yummm

    ReplyDelete
  7. The finisher's mug looks like the perfect motivation to finish your race!

    I cannot wait to get my hands on Allegiant!! I need to read the first two again though since it's been so long.

    ReplyDelete