Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Eleven Questions Blog

I was tagged in this question list months ago, and I just now remembered it was sitting in my drafts! So, instead of a Transformation Tuesday, I'm answering 11 random questions below. I thiiiiiiiink these questions are courtesy of Caitlin at Weights and Measure (I'm a terrible person for not remembering-- was it you, Caitlin?). Wanna join in the random question fun? Feel free to answer the questions on your own blog and let me know so I can check it out :)

Sidenote: If you leave me a comment and I don't respond, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger! Here's a helpful little tutorial for fixing that.


1. When did you start blogging and what prompted that decision?

I've drawn a lot of inspiration from other weight loss bloggers who share their journeys, especially when I was just starting out! And, selfishly, I wanted a way to capture exactly what I'm going through at different points throughout the way. Even just six months later, it's funny (and often embarrassing… such is my life) to look back and read what I wrote.


My first picture on the blog, I had just hit 30lbs lost.
(30lbs ago now, WUT?!)
2. What one thing are you most proud of in your life?
Running a half marathon! It's a goal that is so far beyond where I thought my limits were, fitness-wise, and in an activity that I spent the first 23.5 years of my life hating. Running that half marathon really proved to me that with discipline and commitment, I'm capable of so much more than I might think. Also, it really sparked a love of challenging myself, and I have serious plans to run more half marathons and beat my time next year… and my dad ;) 



3. What is your favourite way to work up a sweat?

Running. Also, hot yoga can be pretty therapeutic.

4. What is your next fitness-related goal (ie. run a certain distance, lift a certain weight, etc.)?

One day I hope to be able to run a sub-2 hour half marathon.

5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Fitness-wise? Still running with completely new goals… and Jillian Michael arms (HAHAHA a girl can dream).

Weight-wise? Happily maintaining at a weight where I can still eat and enjoy life. 


Life-wise? Working in my same line of work (social media marketing), which likely will have completely changed by then (side note: I joined Twitter five years ago and was the only person I knew on there for at least six months). Hopefully I'll have started and finished grad school (YIKES). I'd love to have paid off my student loans, to have a place to call my own, and to have an english bulldog named Archibald.


6. What's your favourite way to spend a day (should you find yourself with absolutely no plans or obligations)?

Like I did on my birthday weekend: getting my nails done, eating at one of my favorite restaurants (Spanish tapas, yum!), lounging, and reading a good book. Basically, I'm 24 going on 54.




7. What is your favourite meal?

MarBaum (my mom) makes a pretty phenomenal pot roast and homemade ice cream cake. Anything she cooks, really. From restaurants? I feel guilty for saying this in a city of such awesome food choices but, uh, I just really love the Pasta Da Vinci and cookie dough cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. *hangs head in shame*

8. If I could visit one place in your hometown (or where you currently live), where would that be and why?

I've never been to Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry but I've heard it's OMGTHECOOLEST so I really need to go there!

9. If you could have lunch with any celebrity, who would it be and why?

Gerard Butler because obviously.



10. What's the first website you visit when you turn on your computer (or phone?)...other than your own blog ;)?

After the death of Google Reader (RIP), I spend a lot of time on Feedly. 

11. If I was to look in your purse, what would I find?

A minimum of two lip glosses, my red wallet, my work keycard, a flash drive, an Oscar Mayer weinermobile whistle (truth), and exactly 896 bobby pins.

What celebrity would you have lunch with?

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm Gerard Butler, a good Paisley boy, I approve!
    Also I too am a 90 year old hiding out in the body of a twenty-something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun. Totally stealing this from you for Monday. Lunch with a celebrity hmmmmm to many to count. Ha. Great post girl!

    ReplyDelete