Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Crisis Averted

Weigh In Wednesday


Last Week's Weight: 167.0
Current Weight: 165.4
Change: -1.6
Total Loss: 62.6

If we're being technical, it was Weigh-In Tuesday because other scales cannot be trusted and I caravanned to Cleveland yesterday right after work. Semantics!

Either way, excited to see a pretty big loss this week. I'm still trying to figure out my non-running workout plan, but I committed to doing arm workouts and yoga four times last week. My yoga month is almost up, but I'm hoping I'll be ready to start getting back into running in the next week or two. If not, I think I may finally give into the Jillian Michaels peer pressure and try a more regimented plan. Maybe 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30? Any suggestions, JM veterans?

Otherwise, we're in full-blown Thanksgiving preparation mode at my aunt's house. I come to find out this morning that GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE DID NOT MAKE THE MENU. 

I'll be honest (and un-American) for a moment. I don't like stuffing. I pass on the sweet potato marshmallow casserole. I don't care for pumpkin pie. I think turkey would taste better if it was a Honeybaked Ham. 

Just give me all of the mashed potatoes & gravy, dinner rolls, appetizers, and green bean casserole.

So, in order to avert this complete and total meltdown crisis, my cousin and I are going to be the crazies heading to the store on Thanksgiving eve to get the essentials so we can save Thanksgiving with green bean casserole for all. Wish us luck.

Happy Thanksgiving!



What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish?



8 comments:

  1. SQUASH! I love LOVE LOVE squash. Butternut is the best. Just dry enough, with butter. MMMmmmmm...

    JM Ripped in 30 is apparently "harder" than the 30 day Shred, plus you get 4 weeks of workouts, rather than 3. I moved on a level every week and did the video M-F. By Wednesday, I turned on my music and didn't listen to JM anymore. She annoyed me so bad.

    PS, recipe for this green bean casserole please? It sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice loss! I wouldn't call myself a Jillian fan but every time I do b30 day shred I get results.

    I love stuffing and sweet potatoes without the marshmallows, but I'm with you 100% on the turkey! My favorite is broccoli bake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome loss!

    Also, I don't like stuffing, I'm good with a half a spoonful of sweet potato casserole, and I've never eaten a Thanksgiving turkey in my life. But give me all of the ham, mashed potatoes, noodles, rolls, and corn and I'm good to go. Also, really picky about my green bean casserole, so it's a toss up whether or not it gets eaten.

    And now I'm starving and craving carbs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally make the stuffing but decided not to mess with it this year. Just the turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, & green beans (not casserole) for me. Dessert will be my son's birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man no green beans! Yes, you have to remedy that situation! If nothing else, proclaim that you need it because it is healthy!
    Great loss this week! Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squash is my favourite! Hands down!

    Great loss this week BTW!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is the green bean casserole, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've done both 30 day shred and Ripped in 30. I like them both for different reasons. There is more variety of moves in Ripped. I've completed 30 Day shred but ripped in 30 is INTENSE!

    ReplyDelete