Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Transformation Tuesday + Colgate Slimsoft Review

Just discovered an old gem on my phone, taken almost exactly a year ago when some friends and I won tickets to see a Bears game. It's funny, because I was wearing the t-shirt last week when I suddenly realized how big the shirt is. Oddly enough, there was a picture taken of me in almost the exact same pose last weekend.

Behold, #TransformationTuesday:

September 2012 vs. October 2013. Nearly 60lbs down.
It kinda looks like someone smushed the left picture because everything is the same. Just... wider.

On a completely unrelated note, I signed up for Influenster a few months back, which is basically a platform for bloggers and influencers to test out new products and brands. I've seen many of my favorite bloggers participate in Influenster, so, naturally, I was curious to hop on the bandwagon myself.


I was recently chosen to receive my first VoxBox, which contained Colgate's new SlimSoft Toothbrush.  Admittedly, I was a little skeptical about a "scientifically advanced toothbrush" because, well, it's a toothbrush. How advanced could it be?



After giving the ole' pearly whites a brush, though, there was definitely a noticeable difference between the SlimSoft and my old toothbrush. The SlimSoft has 17x slimmer bristles, which are meant to get a deeper reach between teeth and gums. As someone who has sensitive gums and is prone to cavities, I could feel the SlimSoft "hugging" my teeth more than my old toothbrush, but at the same time not irritating my gums. Definitely a better brush than my old one! You have convinced me, Colgate.


Speaking of teeth, anyone ever try those at-home Pinterest remedies for teeth whitening? I'm always on the lookout for worthwhile pins to try, especially if it means saving myself some $$ as compared to drug store alternatives.

How do you keep your million dollar smile lookin' good?




I received a complimentary Colgate SlimSoft from Influenster, however my opinions (including my decision to write this review) are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I brush my teeth with whitening toothpaste daily and go to my dentist every 6 months for cleanings. I know a lot of people only go once a year (maybe), but I swear going every 6 months has kept me virtually cavity free and with whiter teeth! :)

    ReplyDelete