Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Quickie


Weigh In Wedneday


Today's post is gonna be a quickie:

Last Week's Weight: 170.4 
Current Weight: 169.6
Change: -0.8
Total Loss: 58.4


I am over the moon to finally (FINALLY!) hit the 160's... a weight decade I haven't seen in, oh, nearly a decade. And while the 60lbs lost mark is still 1.6lbs away, I officially have less than 20lbs left to hit my goal. I did some math yesterday and realized that I'm roughly 73% of the woman I once was, haha.

Apologies for double-spamming you with transformation pics, but I've gotta share this one. I ran my first ever 5K exactly a year ago, and the difference between then and now is a transformation of myself that I never thought possible. 


Then: 

  • "Running" on a regular basis (mayyyybe twice a week)
  • Struggling to run a half a mile without stopping
  • Running a 38 minute 5K
  • Squeezing myself into size 16 jeans

Now:

  • Enjoying my running habit (4-5x a week)
  • Regularly clocking long runs of 6+ miles
  • Running a <29 minute 5K
  • Comfortably wearing a size 10

I never imagined I'd be overweight forever, but I also never imagined I could feel as good as I do now. 

What a difference a year makes.


Before starting your weight loss journey, did you know what you were capable of?

8 comments:

  1. Woooo for making it into the 160s, you are so very close now! I like that it's how you feel now that's your focus, rather that how you look, although you are seriously one bonnie lass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! on making it into the 160s...its always nice to see how far you have come not only with regards to the scale but also fitness level, I used be able to run barely a few seconds before I felt like I was having a heartattack now I manage a lot more...
    keep it going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look phenomenal! Congrats on the 160s! Love that transformation pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYAYAYA! I'm equal parts happy for you and jealous. ;) Congratulations on making it to the 160's. So deserved.

    PS, what a CRAZY difference a year makes! WOW! Hot lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job on getting to a new decade! Isn't it crazy how different we can be in just one year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on reaching the 160's girl! I bet that feels fantastic.

    I definitely don't know what I am capable of because i haven't given myself a chance to find out. I'm feeling really inspired and motivated to find out though thanks to our emails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still trying to find my way to lose weight. It's awesome that you continue to drop. I have been going up and down for way too long! Do you run outside in the cold Chicago winters too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm basically your before picture right now. Even running my first 5k this weekend, which happens to be a color run. I have a feeling my shirt might look like yours afterwards. I'm really glad I found you from the "Weekly Goals Link-up Party."

    ReplyDelete