Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday Funday

Welp, today was a day. 

Guess who did NOT want to run this morning?
Luckily, after a long day at work, I had enough time to treat myself to a manicure-- something I almost never do. That, followed by plans with an old high school friend to grab burgers at one of my favorite places in town, was exactly what I needed.



All this to say, ah, Monday, you almost won. But you didn't.

Anyway, to the task at hand:











So, last week's plan was this:

1) Running Plan: 18-20 miles. Guess who knocked out a full 20 miles? This girl! After my Saturday morning 7-miler got derailed because I, uh, went out on Friday night, I was determined to get it in on Sunday. So I spent all day Sunday prepping by laying on my bed getting lost in Breaking Bad (omgahhh so good!). Finally, I pried myself out of bed around 5pm and managed to knock out an 8-miler.

I haven't run more than a 10K since the half marathon, so I was actually really excited with how good I felt throughout the run. Let's be real, I was mostly excited that I brought a small bag of swedish fish for fuel because YOLO (actually I read on another blog that swedish fish make halfway decent fuel). Anyway, imagine my surprise when I realized that I shaved almost 6 minutes off my last 8-miler, which was the week before my half. I'll more than take it!

2) Healthy Eats. Uh, I did eat half a large pizza on Sunday night. Other than that, though, I was pretty good all week. 

On to the next! Here's my gameplan for this week:

1) Finish Breaking Bad. I mean, totally goal-worthy, amiright? I'm watching the second last episode as we speak. But then what will I do with my life?! What should I watch next?

2) Run 18 miles. I'm headed to NC at the end of the week to go wedding dress shopping with my best friend from high school (!!!!!), so I'm not incredibly optimistic about working out next weekend. However, I'll be happy with 18 miles before then. Already down 3 today, so I'm on track. 

3) Stay on Track. A weekend away doesn't have to mean a FULL weekend of indulgences. Pick and choose, and make good decisions otherwise. That's the plan.

I'm sososo close to the 160's and to 60lbs lost, and I don't want the fact that I'm getting close to derail my progress. I'm extremely happy with how far I've come, but I'm not done yet!

What are your goals for the week? Don't forget to link up with Amy (Diary of a Fat Mommy) and me!






2 comments:

  1. I feel you on being close to the 160's. I need to stay on track and focused. It's so hard though. You're rocking out this running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful plan this week! I hope you loved the Breaking Bad ending (when you get to it!) Spoiler free here but I'd love to know what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete