Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sunshine Award!



Am I a lucky girl or what? I got nominated by TWO awesome ladies for the Sunshine Award in the past week!! This makes me so happy that after years of blog-lurking (YEARS), I finally gave in and put it all out there-- the blogging community is so supportive and full of some truly awesome people!

Thanks to Kate from The Widgeon Nest and Jen from Another Mile Another Memory for the nomination :)


A Sunshine Award is given to bloggers whose posts brighten your day. Here are the rules-
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog (above).
2. Link to the person who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award.
5. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.


From Kate:

1. What's your personality type? 

I've taken Myers-Briggs multiple times, with the same result each time: ESTJ. It's scarily accurate (check it out). On the plus side, I'm rational and logical,  and I naturally gravitate toward leadership positions. On the negative side, I sometimes have a hard time dealing with emotional situations, and I can be impatient when others are less decisive than I am. 
2.What is the hardest thing you've ever had to do?

Hmm, it was really tough moving to Chicago on my own! I didn't have any friends/family here, and I didn't have a job. I was lucky to have an awesome Craigslist roommate (hi Dana!), but it was still really mentally tolling to apply for jobs non-stop, and it took time to make friends. I'm so glad I eventually found my bearings though-- I love it here and the journey was definitely worthwhile!
3.What's in your car's trunk?

Welp, I don't have a car because I live in the city! In college it was a pretty good catch-all for random crap that I didn't feel like putting away, haha.
4. How many times have you been to Disney World or Disney Land?

I've been to Disney World twice-- Once as a little kid (maybe age 3 or 4?), and a second time with my best friend during Spring Break of our senior year of high school!
So what if we were the only girls over age 8 at the Princess Brunch?
PS - Does Princess Aurora look coked out or what?
5. What's one thing you've been putting off?

Cleaning. Always cleaning. I will TOTALLY get a monthly housekeeper when I can afford it. 
6. What do you have going on this weekend?
An end-of-season party with my Kickball team (we won our league!), a going away party, and a birthday party. Eeek, so much for a relaxing weekend!
7. Wine, beer, or mixed drinks? What kind?


If calories were no object, I'd drink pina coladas and belgian wheat beers eight days a week. Alas, I typically drink whisky & diet coke or vodka & soda. I love sangria too!
8. If you had to legally change your name, what would you choose?

I was obsessed with the name Michelle as a child, which is probably because I also loved the Olsen twins and Full House. When my younger brother made friends with a girl named Michelle, I was SO jealous. I really love my name though, I think it fits me! I'm named after my grandma (Carol) and aunt (Carol, but goes by Carrie).
Me and my Aunt Carrie.
9. What cheesy line do you tell yourself to get motivated for a workout/run/whatever?

10. Bill Murray or Will Ferrell? I mean, if you had to choose.

At the risk of making enemies, I'm not a huuuuuuge Will Ferrell fan. Can I pick Vince Vaughan?!

From Jen:


1.) How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
I'm pretty speedy, actually. If I'm not showing in the morning, I can be ready in ~20 minutes. If I shower/do my hair, it takes about 45. I always allow an hour though just because I hate rushing!
2.) Sweet or salty snacks?
Salty. 
3.) Where is your favorite place to shop? (for your favorite thing)
I'm not sure I've ever walked out of there without spending at least $40. I swear they pump something through their air conditioning.
4.) What’s you earliest memory?
I have a couple from when I was 3-4. I remember dressing up as Minnie Mouse for Halloween one year, and I remember going to Disney World and almost puking on the teacup ride!
5.) First job you ever had?
I'm the second oldest of 18 cousins, so I babysat a LOT as a kid. But my first "real" job was at a bagel shop/deli my freshman year of high school. 
6.) Why did you start blogging?
I literally have read dozens of blogs on a daily basis for years, but I never had a topic that I felt like I could consistently and authentically write about. After I realized how supporting and welcoming the weight-loss blogging community was, I finally decided to take the plunge.
7.) Do you have a lead foot when you drive?

I live in the city, so I don't even have a car! I haven't driven in years, actually.
8.) Do you love or hate rainy weather?
If I can stay in and watch a movie or read a book, I absolutely love it.

And now for my 10 questions:

1) What's your favorite book?
2) Do you have a signature recipe?
3) What's your guilty pleasure?
4) What's one piece of advice you'd give to your 18-year-old self?
5) What's your personality type? 
6) Are you more like your mom or your dad?
7) Where's one place you'd love to visit?
8) What's your favorite season?
9) What's your go-to karaoke song?
10) Chocolate or vanilla?

And the nominees are:

You! Yeah, you! Answer the questions and leave a link, I'd love to see your responses :)

3 comments:

  1. I think it would be so nice to 86 my car and become a foot/train/bike commuter! I'm green with envy over your hip urban life over here! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering!! I completely agree with you on Target,, dangerous place :)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete