PS- Starting today (!!), Amy's hosting a Ripped in 30 challenge with the awesomely terrifying Jillian Michaels. If you're less of a pansy than I am, join her here!
First, last week:
1) Hydration Nation - 100oz/day. CHECK.
2) Clean my dang apartment. [mostly] CHECK.
Following yesterday's half marathon (recap here!), my goals this week are going to be a little less aggressive than normal. I know I'm going to have to give my body a few days to recover, but then I'm back at it! Here's what I'm aiming for:
1) Arm training 3+ times. I mean, I don't have an excuse for blowing this off. My arms are my only body parts not currently aching.
2) Focus on food. Now that I'm no longer in the throes of a rigorous running plan, I need scale my calories back a bit. After Bottomless Tuesday**, I plan on being very strictly back on WW. Time to kick these last 23lbs to the curb!
**Bottomless ___day is the name for two days after my long run when I want to EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT. It's funny because I don't usually have a raging appetite on the day of my long run, but two days later I am seriously a whiney cranky ravenous beast. Delayed onset hunger, maybe? While training, my long runs were always on Saturday, which meant that Bottomless Monday was a weekly occurrence. I could eat a mid-morning snack and a 400+ calorie lunch and have a growling starving stomach an hour later. Because the half marathon was on Sunday, I expect Bottomless Tuesday to be in full effect.
3) Find my "new normal." I'd like to mix up my fitness regimen with something other than running (although running will still be a major component-- more on that later this week). There's a gym nearby that offers a free week of classes for non-members, including a barre-based class, which I've been dying to try! I plan on starting my free week on Wed/Thur, when I'm feeling recovered enough to start abusing myself again.
What are your goals this week? Link up with us and share!