Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekly Goals Linkup!

First, a quick recap: I had my 12-mile long run this weekend and it was awesome!




My last two long runs (10 and 11 miles) have definitely been mental/physical challenges, and I was fully expecting this week to be the same. I mentioned on the OSJ Fit Camp discussion board this week that I've felt like I'm hitting the wall in my training. Robin suggested I change up my route (I'm a creature of habit and do the same route every. freaking. time... and usually listen to the same playlist too). So I changed up my route, got a great night of sleep, and woke up at 6am ready to kick ass and take names. It went so well! Mentally and physically I felt great, I barely walked at all, and I had enough energy in the tank for another mile at the end. 

Half Marathon training has definitely been filled with ups and downs, but having this 12-miler under my belt is proof that I'm ready to tackle 13.1. This was my last long run before the race, and I'm hopeful that I'll be ready to kill it come race day :)

Now, as I mentioned last week, I'm super excited to be taking over Jess' weekly goals linkup, along with the help of hot momma Amy from Diary of a Fat Mommy!







If you're new around here, the weekly goals linkup is a way for us to start the week with a fresh set of goals that will keep us focused and on track. The goals can be whatever you want! They can be big or small, food and fitness-related or not. My only advice is to make goals that are measurable and attainable by the end of the week!

Feel free to link up here or on Amy's blog, and check out and comment on the other blogs in the linkup, too!

Without further ado...

1) Strength training 2-3 times. Yeah, unforch I made this goal a few weeks ago and completely blew it. I need to get my booty in gear and work on strength training! Even if it's just for 20 minutes while watching TV, this needs to happen. I'm planning on starting this squat challenge today, too.

2) Focus on hydration. Hydration makes a huge difference in my running, and I know it makes a difference in my eating habits and overall healthiness. With my half marathon officially coming up in less than two weeks (EEEEEK!), I want to make hydration a priority now, instead of just waiting until the days before the race.

3) Breakfast. Since starting the new job, I've been skipping breakfast at least 2x a week. When I'm burning 500+ calories a day on my short runs (and 1400+ on my weekend long run), there's no excuse for skipping breakfast. My body needs the fuel if I want to keep challenging my performance.

What are your goals for the week?




2 comments:

  1. Well congrats on your mileage. Hydration that is one area I am so lacking in. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! You're going to kill this half marathon! :)

    ReplyDelete