Wednesday, August 14, 2013

New Lows.

Weigh In Wedneday

Previous Weight: 177.6 
Current Weight: 173.4
Change: -4.2
Total Loss: 54.6

HAPPY WEDNESDAY. I'm relieved/excited/thrilled to report that—despite my best efforts on vacation to sabotage my own weight loss—I've reached a new low. Low weight, that is. Yeehaw!

Disclaimer: This is by no means an average weekly weight loss for me, but I was COMPLETELY healthy while doing so. I consistently ate 1200+ calories a day, and worked out four times. This is not a normal number to lose on a weekly basis, nor to I advocate trying to lose more than 2lbs a week. Seacrest out.

Last week's focus was to focus on the cleanup: cleaning up my workout regimen, cleaning up my diet, cleaning up my alcohol intake (which, in Ireland, was basically daily)... and it worked! I missed Sunday's scheduled 4-miler, but otherwise, the week was a homerun. Perhaps I just needed a crazy week of non-stop eating to bust through the small plateau I was dealing with pre-vacation.

In less exciting news, I'm reallllllly trying not to stress about finding balance with the new job. I'm ecstatic about the new job. I love it. It's exactly what I want to be doing. I'm grateful to be employed again, especially in such a great position.

BUT without sounding like an extremely whiney baby... I spent the last 6 weeks essentially focusing on little more than writing cover letters and running whenever I damn well pleased. Now that I'm in the final weeks of my half marathon training (T-25 days!), I can't lessen my focus on the race, so I'm trying to find that delicate balance between work, health, and personal time.  And blog time. Oh, and occasionally trying to have a social life. (HAH!)

I've dealt with stress issues in the past, and—historically—the sleeping issues I'm currently experiencing are a first sign that my body (mentally, physically) is going through an adjustment. So, I'm in the process of getting my annual wellness appointment on the books, and really just focusing on me.

Anyway, to end on a lighter note, I can't fully express how grateful I am for the support of the weight loss community. You are all awesome, and I'm inspired and motivated by so many bloggers on a daily basis. And for anyone who visits my little corner in blogland, thank you!

PS- If I don't reply to your comment via e-mail, it's probably because you're a no-reply blogger. Here's how to fix that.

How did your weigh-in go this week?

9 comments:

  1. Big, big congrats on the 4lbs!! Whoo hoo!! I'm also jealous by how quickly you bounced out of vacation mode and back into a routine. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Some of that loss was totally water weight and other things, so I don't think it was unhealthy at all! You're so close to the 160's! So happy for you! It's definitely keep me on track for my goal as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the weight loss! Your body must have been excited to be back at it! You will find your balance, it isn't easy but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your loss!! That is awesome. WAY TO GO GIRl!!

    Finding balance is extremely hard. You just have to play around and see what works for you. That is why I get up at 4am to workout. That is the only time I have so that I can still be a wife, mother and employee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICELY done on the loss this week! That is awesome! You are on fiyah, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower via the link-up and you are doing great! You are an inspiration. I am also on a journey to become a runner. I also agree that cleaning up alcohol intake can be hard. I just love wine, sue me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW I AM SO INSPIRED BY YOU!
    Great job this past week!

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the loss lady!!! Also way to get back on track after a vacation I can only imagine how hard it would be to find a balance now that you are back to work!! You are doing so great!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete