Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Fresh Start

Weigh In Wedneday

Previous Weight: 174 
Current Weight: 177.6
Change: +3.6
Total Loss: 50.4

So, yep, this is the vacation damage. Though, to be fair, I was weighing in at 175 the day I left, so the gain is probably closer to 2.5lbs.

My thoughts? Well, honestly, I'm surprised it wasn't more. What I ate was absolute crap. I was eating on a weird schedule, which sometimes meant missing meals, but what I did eat was pretty unhealthy. We're talking french fries almost every day, bread (with butter!!!) at every meal, fried foods, sausage, baguettes, egg salad, bacon, candy, etc. It's weird because at home, I never eat butter (except maybe on a piece of bread at a restaurant), and I couldn't even tell you the last time I bought candy here. But in Ireland, I ate both of those daily!

Oh, and the day I got home I weighed myself out of morbid curiosity and saw 187 on the scale. YIKES. Granted, I had just eaten literally 2lbs of mexican food (it was my "last supper" of unhealthy eating), but that was a scary moment.

Anyway, I'm excited to get back on plan! I went on a huge grocery shopping run last night and will be making delicious eats all week :)


Speaking of fresh starts, I have a little news I've been holding back since the day I left for Ireland: I have a new job! I'm starting as a freelance social media strategist at an awesome marketing agency downtown, and today is my first day (hence the "first day of school" picture above). Wish me luck!

How did your weigh-in go this week?

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! You look super cute in that outfit, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. vacations can easily pile on 10 pounds or more, you'll lose that little extra in no time. Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job. A little bit of a gain is totally worth it considering you got to go to Ireland. And I love that dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new job! Gaining on vacation is totally normal and it is usually easier to get off than normal weight gain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I think 2.5 pounds is not bad at all. I know no gain could have been like ugly. I gained 5lbs in less then ten days...so you gotta see the glass half full, & get back on bandwagon.
    I have fallen too :'(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the new job! You look adorable for your first day! Also, boo weight fluctuations! So cruel and so misleading! Sounds like you're not going to let them mess with your head, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was vacation, not the best excuse (I have used it many times) but it is a good reason. How exciting for a new job! Congrats :)
    I feel so motivated after I go grocery shopping by fresh food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm down a lb this week but am moving this weekend which is very similar to vacationing. I'm just praying I don't gain. You seem to be at a good place that is easy to recover!

    ReplyDelete