Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cookie Butter and NSVs

First of all, thank you for all of your sweet sweet words yesterday! This community truly keeps me motivated and reminds me to celebrate how far I've come, even when I'm having a bad day.

button

Secondly, checking in realllly quick with KTJ, Ashlee and Lex for this week's NSV linkup! Here are the NSVs I've been celebrating lately:

1) I was able to jump back into my Half Marathon training program post-vacation, without too many problems. I think my endurance definitely took a little hit after a full week off (and lots of unhealthy eating and drinking), but I'm focusing on the fact that—despite it being a little more difficult—I've gotten back into it!

2) Today I'm wearing a skirt I haven't fit into since high school! I bought it early in my sophomore year and probably haven't worn it since my junior year (2005?!), but I've been carting it along with me through the years in hopes that one day it'd fit again. Guess what? It's a 12 and borderline too big. Hell to the yeah.

3) Today started with a PR-ed 4-miler (39:07!) followed by Oats in a Jar, Cookie Butter Edition. YOU GUYS, I CAN'T EVEN. JUST MAKE THIS. I used a pre-made oatmeal mix (Quaker's Raisin, Date & Walnut) + about a teaspoon of cookie butter left in the jar. 5PP of absolute perfection. 


What NSV's are you celebrating today?

12 comments:

  1. OMG... Cookie Butter? I've never seen anything like that before. Sounds great. I really want to try one of those oats in a jar receipes. Maybe I'll buy the stuff this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie Butter, oh my. I'll have to find this :) I love oats in a jar. That is my favorite breakfast! Great job on all your victories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the NSVs this week! And cookie butter? For real? I want it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaahhh that sounds SO amazing. But TJ Cookie Butter is my kryptonite! I've made a promise to myself to never ever ever bring it into my house again. Because OMGSOGOODICANTSTOP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks so yummy! I may be really glad that we don't have a Trader Joe's around here!


    Great nsv's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to find cookie butter, though I doubt I can get it in Canada. :( BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fitting clothes from high school is definitely in the top three of my ultimate NSVs. Your hard work is paying off. Congrats on making your training a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the cookie butter! Congrats on your great NSVs this week! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job!!! Fitting into clothes from high school is amazing! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great NSVs!!!! How cool that you are training for a half marathon, I'd love to do that some day! I'm still working on a 10K ;) Woooohooooo for your loose skirt!! That's such an amazing feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE NSVs! and congrats on the skirt being too big :) keep it up!!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  12. WAHOO on the skirt!! That is so awesome, I have never heard of cookie butter but it sounds AMAZING!! I am also super curious about the oats that you made, I see a lot of people rave about them and they seem super easy! Good job on getting back on track!

    ReplyDelete