Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What the Heck?

Pretty Strong Medicine

I'm linking up with Heather, Ash, Bailey, and Amy for the usual Weigh In Wednesday. 

All I have to say is WHAT THE HECK?


Previous Weight: 176.4 
Current Weight: 174
Change: -2.4
Total Loss: 54

Seriously. What.The.Heck?

After last week's strict adherence to the plan, accompanied by a small gain, I have to admit, I gave in a little bit last week. Well, a lotta bit. 

I confessed on Monday that I ate like absolute crap all weekend. I ate TWO beefy five-layer burritos on Saturday night (no regrets though, they were damn good). By the time I got back from Nashville, I had eaten every single weekly and activity point for the week.

Cornbread with brunch. Because Nashville.
In a desperate attempt to get my ish back together, I've been chugging water like it's going out of style. I completed all 3 of my scheduled 4-milers since Monday. I ate fruits and veggies and no more T-Bell. I earned 20 APs in 2 days, and was—shockingly—rewarded with a decent-sized loss on the scale (especially considering it's period week).

So, I think the lesson here is that I actually DO need to eat more than I was. To everyone who offered helpful advice after last week's frustrating weigh-in, thank you! I had perviously eaten my 49 weeklies, but not my (70+) APs. Moving forward, I'm going to find the balance of exactly how many extra points per week (above my allowance) that I need to eat. Last week, between weekly and APs, I ate 99 additional points throughout the week, above my daily allowance.

I'm really encouraged to see a loss on the scale. Other bloggers have talked about a strange complacency that sets in once you start to approach your goal, and now I totally get it. A complacency that says "Hey self, you've lost over 50lbs. This cupcake/taco bell/kahlua milkshake won't kill ya!" And I am ALL for small indulgences and allowing treats. There are things I will never give up (I'm talkin' bout you, Jimmy Johns). But giving in to every indulgence I want is a fast road back to 228-town. And I'm never going back there.

I've come a LONG way. I'm pretty happy with how my body looks [...in clothes at least]. But I'm NOT complacent at 174. Next week I'll be in Ireland, but the week after that, it's back to the plan. 

I've got 24lbs left to lose, and I'm not stopping until I get there.

Ever have a surprising weigh-in after a bad week?

13 comments:

  1. That's great. Congrats on the loss. I do weight watcher's too and I rarely eat any of my weekly points. Maybe 5 or 6 of them. I have often wondered if I should try it for one week where I eat more of my weekly points and see if it makes a difference on the scale. Is it sad to say I feel guilty if I eat more than my daily alloted points? I know that isn't a healthy mindset. I need to work on that. oh and 70+ activity points is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's an art and a science. Ever since I started, I've ALWAYS eaten all of my weeklies (but have not touched my APs, even though those are obviously more). I'd say, that if you're feeling hungry, don't be afraid to eat them!! If you're satisfied, then you're probably doing fine to leave most of them on the table. They've been more and more necessary to me as my daily allowance has dropped (started at 33, now at 29). Definitely don't feel guilty-- they're there for a reason: treats, splurges, and wine ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the loss! That's amazing! I think you're right, you might need to eat more, to lose more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon!! Everyone told me that last week but I didn't want to accept it. Guess the proof is in the results!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the loss!

    Maintenance fails for most for the very reason they start getting complacent, let some 'once in a blue moon' foods get in, then the next thing you know, it's more often then not, then they are suddenly back to their old, rotten eating habit. Staying vigilant and loyal to what got you where you are, is how you stay there! It's like a marriage; all sweetness and light in the beginning, but after a few years, you do have to continue to cultivate that garden you have grown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the exact same thing happen to me! Good job getting back into it after being out of town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm probably gonna need it :)

      Delete
  5. So exciting. Congrats on your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahoo on the awesome loss lady!! I too had a surprising loss this week!! Good for you for hopping right back into the saddle when you got back home and have fun in Ireland!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love those curve balls?? It does sound like more calories could do you well though! :)

    I am so jealous that you're going to Ireland. I hope you have so much fun! You'll have to let me know if the Guinness really is better there!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen!! I've actually ONLY had draught Guinness in Ireland. It would feel wrong to me otherwise ;)

      Delete
  8. It is amazing what your mind does at certain stages of weight loss. I was in that mindset for a month or more - That cupcake is fine, it won't harm anything. - It is good to recognize it though.
    That is a good loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash! It really is, just gotta remember my original dedication that's gotten me this far!!

      Delete