Thursday, July 11, 2013

Non-Scale Victories

I've missed Lex, Ashlee and KTJ's NSV linkup lately, but I'm baaaaack.

Warning: Selfie overload ahead. Proceed with caution.

button

Here are my NSVs for this week:

1) After yesterday's mini-freakout about the rigor of my half marathon training plan, I was a little worried about today's 3-miler. But, I hauled myself out of bed to get 'er done before the sun got too hot... and it was a great success! What a difference to run when it's 73 versus 83-- I felt SO much better. I stopped my watch and took a mini-stretch/catch-my-breath break just before the 3rd mile because I was trucking, and then managed to bust out my fastest 5K ever!

Sweatfest.

2) Jess' 10-Week Challenge wrapped up last week and it was such a fun group to be a part of. She's going to make some major (and awesome!) tweaks to it for the next time around, but I found that simply having a really supportive group was really helpful to keep me on track. I will absolutely be participating again next time-- check out the link if you're interested. 

For the results: I have a large mirror facing my shower, and honestly, when I look at myself getting out of the shower every day, it's hard for me to see a difference in my body. But I took an embarrassing "before" photo for the challenge, in hopes that the "after" would show a difference, and I'm happy to say it does! This is the first tummy photo I've ever posted.... (I've never worn a bikini in my life, not even as a child) *deep breath*:

Before: 196. After: 178.
(disclaimer: I'm kneeling in the right pic, so my
thighs look svelter than they are in real life).
3) I rediscovered a skirt in my closet that hasn't fit me since my sophomore year of college ('08). It's a size 12 from Ann Taylor. I tried it on today-- not only did it fit, it's almost too big! Now I just need to get a job again so my shopping habit can return to normal ;)


What NSVs are you celebrating this week?

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! You look fabulous! I can see a noticeable difference between the two pics. Cute skirt, BTW! Go girl!
    I'm so glad there will be another challenge, because I'm totally signing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!! Sometimes the side-by-side pictures really help when you can't see your own progress.

      I'm excited for the new challenge too!! :)

      Delete
  2. Whoop whoop!! I love transformation pictures and you bet your skinny fanny you can see a difference in those pics!! So awesome and inspiring!!! I'm glad your run went good today, I was thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing, great work lady! Cute skirt too :)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking so great! Congrats on all your fitness accomplishments this week! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You are doing great! I'm new to your blog and I look forward to following your success! BATTLE ON! :)

    tatlockstruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete