Thursday, July 18, 2013

Little Victories

button

I meannnnn, I didn't have any scale victories this week, so I suppose it makes sense to keep charging ahead by focusing on what I did do right. Per usual, linking up with KTJ, Ashlee, and Lex for their NSV Linkup!

Here's what I'm celebrating:
  • My eating was ON POINT last week. Maybe too on point. I earned 83 APs and only ate 6 of 'em (in addition to my weeklies, which I ate all of). But I ate healthy, I cooked a lot at home, and I even resisted the temptation of delicious BBQ ribs on Saturday night. BTW, new favorite meal of choice: any type of fish (except salmon because for some reason I love raw salmon but hate cooked salmon) pan-seared with my Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt + sautéed zucchini + brown rice. Yummus and only 10PP (give or take)!
  • UM I BOUGHT A BIKINI. It's still en route to me from the UK which is apparently the only place where they make swimsuit tops for anyone larger than a D-cup. Stay tuned for whether or not I actually venture outdoors in that bad boy. 
  • I retook my measurements yesterday, for the first time since May 1st. I'm down a dress size, 1 inch in the hips, 1.5 (!!) inches in my arms, 2 inches in my waist, and 1.75 inches in my thighs. I tried to take a picture of my flex, but it still looks weak-sauce even though I actually do notice a difference in my arms. My bust is holding steady at the exact same number it was last time... and the time before that. It's so sad it's [almost] funny, really.
  • Shockingly, I really enjoyed my 6-mile run last weekend. With the half marathon in one month and 3 weeks (but who's counting?), I alternate between complete terror and semi-confident about the race. But hoping to have a solid 7-miler tomorrow before I head to Nashville for the weekend!
What NSVs are you celebrating this week?

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Carolyn, that makes a lot of NSV's. :) Congrats on the inch loss--and being on track! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo on the inches!! I feel the same way about my arms!! I want good arms dang it!! I'm a little jealous that you aren't losing any boob! That's the first place I lose and the last place I gain!!! However I don't know that I would want really big boobs either!! You are doing awesome, have fun in Nashville and thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be happy you're not losing chest! ;)

    BIKINI! So exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xoxo
    gleamingspire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to NSV, love your story. That's awesome that you're training for a half marathon AND that you're actually enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I'm not ALWAYS enjoying it, but trying to revel in the days when I do :)

      Delete
  6. Great NSVs!! Sadly I can't feel too bad for you about not losing in the bust.. :)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, I get flack for that. But seriously, they've gotta shrink at some point... right?!?!

      Delete
  7. You had me at. . ."I bought a bikini" Seriously, awesome. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete