Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Leibster Award!

I was nominated for a Leibster Award by the lovely Honeybee, who blogs over at Her Weight Loss Diary!



I've seen a number of up-and-coming bloggers I love nominated for their own Liebsters, so I'm thrilled to be in such good company :)

Here are the rules:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves. 
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people (with 200 followers or less) and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!


So first, 11 random facts about me:

1. I'm the oldest of three, and the only girl. My younger brothers are 21 and 19. 



2. Today is my 2-year anniversary of moving to Chicago! It's crazy to think about how much I've grown in the last two years.

3. If I'm home on a Saturday night, I will ALWAYS watch Lockup Raw on MSNBC. Even if I've seen the episodes before. I'm addicted.

4. I cannot keep the following foods in the apartment, or I WILL recklessly eat them all within days hours: naan, Nutella, Stacy's pita chips.

5. I absolutely love trivia. I go with a group of friends almost every single Tuesday. 

6. I played piano for 12 years growing up. I miss it a lot, but unfortunately don't have the space (or $$) for a piano in my apartment!


7. I'm the third-oldest of my 18 cousins (and that's just on one side of the family!). Yes, I was the default babysitter for all of my cousins growing up. 

8. Nothing lulls me to sleep like the soothing baritone of Guy Fieri discussing the anatomy of a perfect chili dog. AKA I fall asleep to Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives whenever it's on (Monday and Thursday nights, if you're curious). 

9. I'm addicted to someecards. I use them far more often than is appropriate.


10. I'm currently training for my first half marathon: The Chicago Half Marathon in September. Hold me.

11. If I could move to a foreign country, I'd move to Ireland or Spain. I studied abroad in Dublin when I was in college, but I absolutely loved Madrid when I visited.

Powerscourt Garden, outside of Dublin (photo is mine)

Her Weight Loss Diary's Questions:

1. Would you say, you are easy going or serious and determined?
It really depends on the situation, but for the most part, I'm fairly easy-going. I'm definitely serious in my work environment, but that doesn't mean I can't have a little fun sometimes!

2. Are you willing to admit you sing in the shower and if so, what song do you sing most?
I don't! I used to when I was younger though. Hmm, wonder what my roommate would do if I started singing in the shower ;)

3. What do you do when you get nervous? Do you hideGet loudDo something to distract yourselfChange the subject?
Here's an embarrassing factoid: as a little kid I used to get so nervous about various things (kindergarten graduation, piano recital, conferences) that I'd puke. The nervous sickness never really left, so now I just generally don't eat the morning of things that I know will bring the nerves. Also, I yawn ALOT when I'm nervous.

4. Do you have any interesting habits? If so please list them. (Examples: suck on a finger, twirl hair, roll tongue, double jointed)
I can do a couple freaky human tricks: my ring fingers are double jointed on both hands, and I can bend my thumbs back to touch my wrists. Also, I can lay my palm flat on a surface and spin my arm all the way around without lifting my palm up. Oh, and I can fold my tongue like a four-leaf clover.

So apparently I'm far more of a freak than I thought.

You're welcome.
5. What is you favorite thing to eat; vegetables, meat, or equal amounts of both?
Definitely both! I have a few veggies I absolutely love (green bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms!), but I could never be a vegetarian. I just love meat too dang much. Yeah, I'm midwestern.

6. In social situations, you: find it easy to communicate, or are more of a listener than a speaker.
I'm a complete extrovert. As I've grown older, I've learned to be a better listener, but I generally do really well in social situations.

7. Where would you prefer to spend most of your time if you were on holiday: meeting people, or reading and taking lonely walks.
Meeting people for sure! I love alone time, but more often I prefer to be around people.

8. A sentence or two describing a happy memory from your childhood.
One summer when my family was on vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, I remember spending an entire Father's Day afternoon boogie boarding with my dad. To this day, it's one of my favorite memories with him.

9. Something that you learned recently.
Uh. I thought it was kettleBALL, and only last week did I learn that it was kettleBELL. Healthy blogger of the year?


10. What’s your sign, and do you believe in horoscopes?
I'm a taurus, which I can't for the life of me spell on the first attempt. Sure, I think it's a somewhat accurate reflection of my personality, but I don't put much stock in horoscopes.

11. Do you reply to people who comment on your blog?
Yes! I try to reply privately via email, but for no-reply bloggers, I'll reply publicly on my blog. I love sending (and receiving) blog love :)

11 Questions for my Nominees:

1. Beach, mountains or city?

2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

3. What did you want to be when you were a kid?

4. What's your guilty pleasure TV show?

5. What would you last meal be?

6. What's your favorite season?

7. What's the best piece of blogger advice that you've ever received?

8. What's your favorite book of all time?

9. What's your favorite internet meme?

10. Who do you look up to?

11. What 2 famous people (dead or alive) would you love to have dinner with?

And my Nominees are:



7 comments:

  1. You totally made my day, thank you!!!

    Holy cow that's a lot of cousins! What is the age span on everyone?

    Love your choices on travel as well. I haven't been to Ireland, but I would love to go and Spain in one of my favorite places ever. :-)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay-- that makes MY day!

      Seriously, so many cousins. My mom is one of 6, and on top of that she has 3 step-siblings. We range in age from 11-27 (I have one cousin who is actually my same age, and one older cousin who is 27). Out of those 18, only 6 are girls!

      Thinking about Spain makes me want to go back SO bad. One day :)

      Delete
  2. Double yay! lol Wow.. I thought I had a lot of cousins but family looks tiny in comparison to yours! I bet get togethers are a blast :) I know what you mean, hopefully some day soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These posts really help you get to know someone. Great job on the award. new reader to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, I think they are so fun to read!! It's awesome that you studied abroad and holy family members!! You're going to rock that half!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many kates and katies in your list haha! I'll have to do this as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete