Monday, July 29, 2013

Guest Post from Tiffany @ The Fit Train

Full-time mama Tiffany has been killing it on her weight loss journey so far. She's a big fan of Miss Jillian Michaels, who terrifies me! But checking out Tiffany's progress (especially her guns!) is almost enough to convince me to give her famed workouts a try.  Check her out!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello to all of Carolyn’s readers! I’m so excited to be guest posting here at Fitnasty for Life while Carolyn is away in Ireland (I’m only slightly jealous).

I’m Tiffany and I blog over at The Fit Train where I talk about my journey to get fit, healthy and lose some weight all while working full time and raising my 2-year-old son, Wyatt.

                        

Any of us embarking on a “get fit journey” usually have an ah-ha moment. That moment where something happens and you decide you’re ready to take control and do something about it. Mine had been a long time coming.

I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy. The day before having Wyatt, I weighed in at 222 and was completely disgusted with myself. I swore that I would lose the weight before Wyatt’s first birthday. That day came and went, and I was still pushing 200. Life got in the way, or that’s what I used as my excuse. I was a newly single mommy, working full time and didn’t see how it was humanly possible to fit in a workout, or prepare healthy foods.

The extra 60-70 pounds started to take its toll on my body. This past fall I had illness after illness before finally getting a really bad case of pneumonia in December. It lingered and took several months to fully recover. I knew I was not going to break this vicious cycle if I didn’t change anything, but was struggling to find the motivation to truly do something about it.

 Then, one night, I was sitting on the couch after getting Wyatt to bed earlier than normal. Despicable Me was still playing on the TV. There were cars and crackers scattered across the floor. I remember quietly cleaning up our evening of fun, careful not to wake my precious little boy. Suddenly, I felt a pit in my stomach and I just started to weep. Wyatt was sound asleep, the house was now clean and I was alone with myself.

 I cried because I didn't know what I was going to do for the rest of the evening. What had I done with my time before I was a mother? What did I enjoy doing? Did I used to have any hobbies? What was I passionate about other than motherhood? Who was I?

This was the motivation I had been searching for. I started by re-teaching myself to crochet and would work on my projects after Wyatt went to bed. Slowly, I replaced my “craft time” with my workouts, and eventually started working out when Wyatt was awake. He loves our workouts and it has truly become our favorite part of day.

                          
Four months later I have lost 25 pounds and am on my way to a healthier, new and improved me. It’s hard to find the balance sometimes, and it can be overwhelming and exhausting, but I know that I’m teaching my son great habits at an early age. He is what keeps me going every single day.


I have a long ways to go, but I’m proud of how far I’ve come. If you’re struggling to find the motivation to make healthy changes, or struggling to find balance in this thing we call life; just take it one small step at a time. There is always time. There is always a way. You can do it. You can and will accomplish anything you desire in life if you want it bad enough. 





6 comments:

  1. Your little boy is too cute. I have some resistance bands too that my three year old loves to play with. Too funny. Congrats on an awesome loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of the great strides you have made already, Tiffany! EXCELLENT work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete