Monday, July 22, 2013

Coming Clean

They say you are what you eat.

In that case, last week I was:
  • wine, so much wine
  • french fries
  • tacos
  • cornbread
  • Taco Bell (lordy)
  • A dangerous Nashville drink called a Bushwacker (basically a Kahlua milkshake)
Man, oh man. 

I was in Nashville this past weekend for my sorority sister's wedding, which was absolutely amazing. Laura, the bride, was actually my "big" in my sorority (as in "big sister," for those who don't speak sorority). I was terrified that the wedding would be outside in the Nashville heat, but thankfully Laura knew that indoors was a better choice. We were inside in a charmingly rustic venue called Houston Station that had exposed brick and wooden beams, really beautiful lighting, and a giant dance floor :)

My pictures are all pretty crummy, so you'll just have to take my word for it. Suffice to say, the ceremony was short and sweet, Laura looked stunning in her dress, Jason (the groom) was very handsome and so much fun (I'd never met him before!), and we all had a blast.

Cocktail hour is for selfies with Sara! 

Time to pony up and get back on that wagon. According to WW,  I've eaten every weekly point AND every dang activity point I've earned so far this week, and they don't reset until Wednesday. 

But I now totally understand that when you eat like crap, you feel like crap. I feel sluggish and dehydrated, and my skin is rebelling against me. Send help. And by help, I mean salads.


Operation Skinny Jeans

With that, time to get my ish together with Jess' weekly goals linkup. First, a quick recap from last week's goals:


1) Running Game Plan. I took an unplanned rest day on Tuesday because my body was struggling. I just can't run more than 3 days in a row, and that's perfectly fine. I made up for it with a bootcamp class on Thursday that thoroughly kicked my butt. I now have an appreciation for the love/hate so many bloggers have for burpees. Other than that, I got in 4 runs (one of them on the Nashville hills-- woof), including my big 7-miler on Friday!

Never again, Cliff Gels.
2) Track Everything. Success! Well, I didn't track the damage from the wedding night on MFP, but I did track it on WW. I didn't need to relive the Taco Bell sinfulness twice.

Now for this week's goals:

1) Hydration. I've been more lax about drinking water because my unemployed schedule can be weird. But I gotta flush out my system and get back on track, which means starting with the basics. I'm aiming to hit 100oz each day.

2) Running Game Plan: I leave for Ireland on Friday, so I'm going to take the same approach with my schedule as I did last week. 

Monday: 4 miles + Ripdeck
Tuesday: 4 miles + Arms
Wednesday: 4 miles + Ripdeck
Thursday: OFF
Friday: 8 miles (!!)

I'm also slated to have a 9-miler while I'm in Ireland. I'm HOPING I'll be able to do it while I'm there (and fit in 2-3 additional shorter runs). If not, I'll make it up the Monday after I get back. 

3) Keep it clean. I'm going to do a mini-grocery shopping trip tomorrow so I get stock up on fruits and veggies for the week. I gotta take control to get back on track after all the unhealthy choices this weekend and so I'm feeling good for my long run on Friday!

How do you detox after a particularly sinful weekend? 

10 comments:

  1. You know what you gotta do, to pay the piper. At least you own your evil. Now get a rockin' girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I detox with WATER, lots of water. It always makes me feel better after a particularly gluttonous weekend, day, etc. Good luck with your goals this week and Ireland? Jealous! I've been there once but would love to go back. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water, water, water. That will definitely help you detox. :)

    Have fun in Ireland! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Working on hydration 100%. It could be the water talking, but I'm feeling a little better already ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh man I miss me some Taco Bell. For as cheap as it is, my pre WW self sure could spend about 10 bucks there! I drink water like it's going out of style whenever I eat crappy. It really does help detox. There's some recipes on Pinterest for "detox water". I've tried the cucumber lemon one...It was yummy! Your hair looks cute in that pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could tell you the T-Bell was disgusting and I hated it. But it was exactly what I wanted and just as fatteningly delicious as I remembered!

      That water recipe sounds delicious and I've got the ingredients. I think I'll make some of that. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good plan for the week. Nothing wrong with giving in every once and a while, but our bodies don't like it. Good luck with detoxing and all that amazing activity you have planned, I'm so jealous of your trip to Ireland - it's my biggest travel dream!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin. Gonna get back on track before I go off to the land of Guinness and Jameson :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for keeping it real :) Sometimes a crazy weekend (or 2 weeks in my case--eeekkk!) reminds us how good it feels to be on track? I'm gonna have to second Shannon with the water!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!! Drank 100oz yesterday and got in a good run-- definitely feeling better already! The scale on the other hand.... (EEEEK).

      Delete