Sunday, June 2, 2013

What's Goin' On

I've been a bad blogger lately, so let's catch up.

Since I last posted, I went out of town to my roommate's lake house in Michigan for Memorial Day weekend. It was amazing to get out of the city for a few days, and we all had a fabulous time. Also... I didn't track for 2.5 days. 

This was pretty monumental for me, considering I started WW two weeks before Thanksgiving, and have religiously tracking my points every damn day since then. Yes, I tracked on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve, Easter, St. Patrick's Day, and even my birthday. But for some reason, I just wanted a little break. There was delicious food everywhere (filet! potato salad! chicken sausage! licorice! lemon squares!), so I took full advantage. And there may or may not have been a quarter pounder in there too (hint: there was).

What did I learn from two days tracker free? Well, for starters, while I ate pretty crappily, I realized I was actually eating LESS than what I normally eat. I didn't realize how much I'm used to eating, because I'm eating fruits and vegetables (which are mostly zero points) all the time. So, without my arsenal of fruits and veggies, I wasn't eating as much as usual. However, of the food I did eat, not much of it was healthy.

But what I also learned was that I am truly thankful for Weight Watchers, because it really has changed my life. Even though I joked for the first week 3 months that "I know I'm doing it right when I go to bed and my stomach is growling," the last 6 months have really changed my life. I feel so much more in control of myself, just from gaining control over my eating habits. I [usually] don't feel deprived, and I completely understand why the system works. It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change. And, ironically, it was two days spent not tracking that taught me this. Having gone tracker-free, I have so much more faith that these are changes that will stick with me long after I reach my goal weight. In fact, I was more than ready to get back on the wagon after my two days off. I never thought I would say that!

So the downside to my weekend of eating was a 2lb gain, but it was also my time of the month, so I'm not convinced that's the true damage I did. Either way, it was worth it.

And I just snuck a peek at the scale this morning, and I plan to have an amazing weigh-in this Wednesday. The 50lb milestone is coming up next, and I can't wait to get there!

Bought this skirt on the right in college, and it was too small
to wear then. Imagine my surprise when I dug it out
last week for the first time and it's nearly too big!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome job, congratulations! It's funny how getting track can remind you how great it is to be on track sometimes!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! You are looking amazing!

    Tiff
    thefittrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete