Thursday, June 6, 2013

TGI[a]F and NSVs

TGIAF! Am I the only one that celebrates this milestone on a weekly basis? Seriously, I've felt pretty crazy and stressed the past few weeks, so it's nice to know the weekend is in sight.

While I missed weigh-in Wednesday, I'll obviously share my results anyway.


Previous Weight: 189.8 
Current Weight: 186
Change: -3.8

HECK YEAH, a 3.8 lb loss! Proof--to me at least-- that last week's increase wasn't [solely] due to my weekend spent tracking-free. And while I got in some solid runs last week, for some reason I didn't hit the 50+ APs I usually rack up. So, the goal for this week is to work on working out: at least 4-5 runs, and strength training at least 2-3 times.

button

Lastly, I'm linking up with Lex, Ashlee (new host!), and KTJ for this week's NSV victories. To be honest, I haven't been keeping these front of mind, because I've been pretty focused on the scale lately. All of my scale numbers from here on out, I haven't seen in 4+ years! But, here are three NSVs that stand out:

1) I got so many compliments on my weight loss at work yesterday! I wore a wrap dress that I've owned since 2007 (seriously, I wore it the week I graduated from HS), but felt so dang confident in it, now that I'm 40lbs less than the last time I wore it. 

2) I am THIS CLOSE to being out of obesity range on the BMI chart (.6lbs away, to be precise). It's kindof sad to me that, according to statistics, I'm obese. I run 10-15 miles a week at a 10:30 (or faster!) pace. Really? Still? Just another reason why progress (and not some stupid chart) should be trusted.



3) Mentioned this last week, but I now fit into a skirt that was too small on me when I bought it TWO YEARS AGO. Clothing shopping has been made infinitely more fun now that I know I can consistently fit into regular sizes. I have so much more confidence buying clothes that I KNOW look good on me, not just clothes that I'm happy fit.

What are your NSVs this week?

4 comments:

  1. I did a post on the BMI chart the other day. It's so outdated! Yet, that is so awesome that you are almost in their "healthy" range (even though I don't think they know what they're talking about ;) Congrats on out-shrinking your clothes! Great NSVs!

    Tiff
    thefittrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely crazy to think that you are considered obese, but exercise that much!! Not for long though, you are going to be out of the obese category before you know it!!! That's awesome!! Getting into clothes and actually enjoying to shop are huge nsv's!! Keep up your good work and thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job lady! I love that clothes shopping has gotten to be more fun for me too! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ashlee, it is crazy to me to think that you are in the obese range. Congrats on almost being out of it though! Sorry it took me so long to reply to you linking up! I was finally able to fix the issue and the linkup will be good to go on my blog again this thursday :)

    ReplyDelete