Thursday, June 20, 2013

NSVs and The Saddest Flex Ever

button

Per usual, I'm linking up with KTJ, Lex, and Ashlee for this week's NSV linkup!

Unrelated to this linkup, but related to last week's goals (which I did not address earlier this week), I finally updated my progress photos tab. Now you can view me in all of my high school graduation glory, as I work my way back down into the 150's. You're welcome.

As much satisfaction as I've had with my scale victories lately, those NSVs do WONDERS for a gal's self-esteem. Here's what's up:

1) I bought a dress for a wedding I'm going to next month and it's a size freakin' 10. I haven't worn a 10 in anything since my freshman year of college. The dress is a hair snug right now (I mean, it zips fine and I'm in no danger of busting any zippers, but "relaxed fit" has usually been more my style), but I've got a month until the wedding to lose a few more lbs. Also I bought Spanx just because I really want to feel my sassiest. Disregard my stupid face:

Dress is from LOFT and w/ 40% off and my giftcard, I paid $2.11 for it.
In all honesty, it probably runs a little big (according to reviews, too).

2) I weigh less than my little brother. And by "little" I mean 6' and 190lbs and eats 5000 calories a day and works out 6 times a week (none of this is an exaggeration, btw). But I weigh less than him! My other "little" brother is also 6' tall, but only like a buck forty, so using his weight as a benchmark for success may be pushing it. 

3) I really feel like I'm looking and feeling better than I have in years. I've touched on this before, but I've never really had low confidence in my adult life (elementary/middle school is a 'nother story for another day). But as an adult, I've typically felt pretty good about myself, even when I was at my highest weight. With the exception of swimsuit shopping, I generally feel confident and have been able to look and present myself as such. 

But knowing that I weigh less than I have since I was 20 (four years ago!), and weighing about what I weighed when I graduated high school (six years ago!), and looking at myself in pictures, and trying on clothes I wouldn't have tried on before -- that has me feeling awesome. I'd be lying if I said I don't crave cheeseburgers sometimes (spoiler alert: I DO), but this renewed sense of body confidence at a higher level than I've felt in years is definitely keeping me committed to the plan. I know I can do this, and I will.

One day I'll actually have arm muscles to accompany
this model-worthy #flexbreak

What NSVs are you celebrating this week?

3 comments:

  1. Super cute dress, and you look amazing in it!! Love your facial expressions, I always do the same, but unlike you I'm too self conscious to post 'em! hahaha

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, new follower here from the blog hop! You've got some wonderful NSV's up there! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress and you are right those non-scale victories are just as important as scale victories, if not more. :) Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete