Thursday, June 13, 2013

Movin' on Down

button

Per usual, I'm linking up with Lex, Ashlee, and KTJ for the NSV linkup. This week gave me 2 big NSVs:

1 - I'm happy to report that according to the very-outdated-but-still-widely-used BMI chart, I'm no longer obese. I meaaaaaaaan... I don't place much stock in these numbers because I think they fail to take into account many factors (diet! level of activity! how many times you drag your half-asleep self out of bed to run in the morning!), however, I know doctors still look at these bad boys every time you're in their office. And for that reason, I'm movin' on DOWN. Now I'm just plain overweight! Hey, a victory is a victory-- when I started my BMI was over 36!



2 - I've had this pair of jeans sitting in a box since I moved to Chicago nearly two years ago. In fact, they mostly sat in a box even right when I bought them (in '08, I believe), because my dumb self bought them already too small and wearing them meant walking around and feeling like an overstuffed sausage casing. Anyway, while emptying the trash, I walked past that box and had the crazy idea that maybe, just maybe, they'd fit me again. Low and behold, those babies fit! Granted, they're a smidge tight, but I can definitely wear them. This means I can toss my way-too-big 14's out!

What NSVs are you celebrating this week? Join the linkup here!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the BMI and the pair of jeans! Trying on old/small clothes that fit again is SO rewarding! Rock those jeans gurl!!!
    xoxo
    Dani
    www.thatfitnesschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, great NSV this week. Old clothes that fit again is another reason to celebrate. Have a great weekend.

    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the BMI!

    Tiff
    thefittrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week for you! YAY for fitting into those jeans!

    ReplyDelete