Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fifty.

Pretty Strong Medicine


Previous Weight: 181 
Current Weight: 177.6
Change: -3.4
Total Loss: 50.4



Holy freakin' cow, I officially lost 50 lbs!!

I knew I needed to bust out a KILLER week in order to hit this milestone. I'm due to get my period this week, which usually makes it a little tougher to get a big loss. So with my half marathon training plan on my fridge, I nailed all 5 runs last week. 

Confession: I've been struggling to run my entire runs lately. As in, I've been taking walking breaks on basically every run. I think it's a mental block since switching from Map My Run (which had me consistently running 9:30 paces or faster) over to RunKeeper. RunKeeper is a truer gauge of distance (meaning that I'm now running slightly farther to hit the same "distances" MMR was reporting), so I knew I needed to make the change or risk under-training for the half. Either way, I had a pretty amazing 4-mile run this morning at a 9:59 pace with no walk breaks, so I'm really excited about that!

So last week I got in all 5 training runs (total distance: 16 miles) plus 3 strength workouts in my apartment. I also did a ton of walking around the city on Saturday, going to my friend's apartment, the farmer's market, and back. I don't track my walking for activity points unless I get over 60 minutes a day, because I live in a city so I tend to walk a decent amount just to get around. I hit a record number of activity points this week:


Overall, I'm absolutely thrilled with my progress, and can't wait to see how much I can push myself as I barrel towards my goal (150 lbs). Stay turned for a post later this week on what I've learned in 50 lbs lost :)

How did you do this weigh-in Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. OMG!!! What amazing progress :) You've been kicking some serious butt.

    Technology *shakes fist*, it helps but also hinders as you've found with switching apps, ugh. Don't push yourself too hard. Even if it is a mental block, you'll get past it. You've come this far and you'll do even bigger things! Woooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOO congrats on the fifty pounds! THAT'S FREAKIN AWESOME!!!
    xoxo
    DANI
    www.thatfitnesschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much pretty lady! It's so crazy-- it's 20% of my starting bodyweight!

      Delete
  3. congratulations!!! 50 pounds is an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing awesome, congratulations on FIFTY pounds!!!

    Can't wait for your next post, and thanks for the tips yesterday :)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen!! Hope the tips are helpful :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ayiiiiiii thanks so much! I'm still kindof in disbelief about it myself!

      Delete