You learn a lot about yourself when you lose 50lbs. And it's weird, because at 24, I thought I knew myself pretty well. But my NSV this week is getting to know a whole new side of myself that was hiding before I started this weight loss journey.
- I actually do have willpower *GASP*. I just chose not to exercise decision-making skills before starting this journey. Because, yeah, sometimes it IS easier to go the unhealthy route.
- You can lose weight without exercise. But you can't get stronger and more toned without exercise.
- I am stronger than my excuses, and my excuses won't get me to where I'm going.
- Healthy eating habits start in the grocery store. I can't be trusted around: nutella, pita chips, naan, Pirate's Booty. Therefore I never (or very rarely) buy these things.
- Fruits and vegetables can be satisfying snacks or desserts.
- Just because I drank doesn't mean I need drunk food.
- Telling people about your changes really does make it easier to stick with them.
- I can have a delicious and filling breakfast that isn't a McDonald's egg, bacon, and cheese bagel sandwiches.
- I don't deserve bad food just because I: ran this morning/had a bad day/am on my period/am not on my period/it's a <insert day here>/it's the winter/etc.
- I deserve good food because good food helps my body to continue losing weight and working out.
- Sometimes a good run after a tough day can feel just as good as ordering fattening food from GrubHub.
- I'm not as terrible of a runner as I thought I was. And I'm getting better and stronger every day!
- Pinning exercises on Pinterest still doesn't qualify as actually doing them... no longer how long I leave the browser window open.
- Rest days are a gift from God.
- So is the 80's cardio Pandora station.
- One cheat meal doesn't mean I should eat crap for the rest of the week and then just "start over on Monday."
- Moderation isn't just a 13-point word in Scrabble.
- Everyone who said my boobs would shrink as soon as I started losing weight was wrong. So, so wrong.
- I won't feel miserable and empty and deprived if I eat a salad at Trivia instead of a burger and fries.
- Margaritas are still totally worth 8 points... sometimes.
What has your weight loss journey taught you?